Stones and Interloper mode

Greenglades

19 hours ago, Greenglades said:

Well my rabbit hunting finally explained what that flame icon I had on my screen was....scent.  Ok the equalizer...  Chuckie wasn't far off. The more rabbits you have the more wolves are attracted to you.

That's right of course, but rabbits are also great decoys. So I personally don't believe it's worth worrying too much about the scent markers. ;) 

12 hours ago, Scyzara said:

I personally don't believe it's worth worrying too much about the scent markers.

That depends.. 3 scent bars basically means every wolf for kilometres around is heading in your direction. En mass. Which, depending on where you are and what you're carrying, can make life very "interesting", in a Chinese Curse kind of way. ;)

On 12/06/2017 at 11:10 AM, JAFO said:

That depends.. 3 scent bars basically means every wolf for kilometres around is heading in your direction. En mass. Which, depending on where you are and what you're carrying, can make life very "interesting", in a Chinese Curse kind of way. ;)

One time I walked into the Coastal Townsite on Stalker and five wolves attacked me. I had so much wolf meat it wasn't funny because the parasite risk meant I was going to take weeks to get through it all safely.

the problem with the scent issue is the wolves will ride a rail to you, this can also be an advantage.  As an example I skinned a deer and cooked the meat & ate it.  So now just a couple of guts and 1 scent mark.  A wolf appeared on the next ridge over running straight at me and the wolf who'd been ignoring my fire realized it was standing RIGHT NEXT to the fire and it ran in a straight line to just outside rifle range turned around and started back at me on that exact line.  I shot the 1st mentioned wolf because it was still running at me dropping it close to the fire.  The second wolf turned around and ran straight away until just out of rifle range again and then turned around and came straight back at me.  Like it was on a rail.  Waited until it was close and nailed it in the head.  If I hadn't had the rifle it would have been dicier.  But now I had two nice wolf carcasses near my sheltered fire, so bonus!  

7 hours ago, Jolan said:

the problem with the scent issue is the wolves will ride a rail to you, this can also be an advantage.  As an example I skinned a deer and cooked the meat & ate it.  So now just a couple of guts and 1 scent mark.  A wolf appeared on the next ridge over running straight at me and the wolf who'd been ignoring my fire realized it was standing RIGHT NEXT to the fire and it ran in a straight line to just outside rifle range turned around and started back at me on that exact line.  I shot the 1st mentioned wolf because it was still running at me dropping it close to the fire.  The second wolf turned around and ran straight away until just out of rifle range again and then turned around and came straight back at me.  Like it was on a rail.  Waited until it was close and nailed it in the head.  If I hadn't had the rifle it would have been dicier.  But now I had two nice wolf carcasses near my sheltered fire, so bonus!  

Nice bonus.

Archived