Forestry Lookout

Paolobrandon

Yes, i'm pretty sure there have been some terrain changes around ML as well, mostly slope gradient changes in some places but that opens up some routes and closes others... i've had some fun finding the new routes. On the whole I feel the map is more open now, and crossing hills is more viable - perhaps thats just me.

I like the new lookout a lot, its quite aesthetically pleasing to be able to see it on the skyline from various places.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13.6.2017 at 2:10 AM, continuity said:

Yes, i'm pretty sure there have been some terrain changes around ML as well, mostly slope gradient changes in some places but that opens up some routes and closes others... i've had some fun finding the new routes. On the whole I feel the map is more open now, and crossing hills is more viable - perhaps thats just me.

I like the new lookout a lot, its quite aesthetically pleasing to be able to see it on the skyline from various places.

Yea there are couple of new paths and hills you can explore and also the lookout position changed aswell as some wolf spawns as far is i experienced.

I didnt play the older versions of the game but im very used to lookout for hostile wildlive from the hills before accessing the lower areas to loot stuff, so you are less likely (almost 0%) to get attacked without paying attention.

I used to live at the old Lookout and left some stuff there when I moved to Coastal Highway...so imagine my surprise when I returned to Mystery Lake to find the Lookout in ruins :o (and it was a bit foggy so I couldn't see the new one)

I now live at the new Lookout. It seems a decent spot to live, close to the middle of the map, great view, and just a short walk to Camp Office if I need a workbench :)

First run after the patch I spawned into some rough weather and headed in desperation for the old Lookout. I died cowering under some wreckage! I (wrongly) assumed, after that experience, that the Lookout was now going to be treated similarly to the houses which are randomly spawned intact or in ruins for each new game. So, when I re-loaded and made my way to the Camp Office, I was excited to look up and see an intact Lookout in the distance. After a day or so of preparation and waiting for the right weather, I headed out to loot the old Lookout in hopes of finding a rifle or tool. Dodging wolves along the tracks made this take longer than usual, and the bear was patrolling Clearcut. I eventually made it to the base of the climb in the late evening and headed up. When I saw the wreckage, my initial assumption was that the game was somehow incorrectly drawing an intact tower from long distances, even when the tower was spawned as wreckage in reality. I figured maybe it was an oversight, and perhaps a bug worth reporting. I don't know why it was so hard for me to realise that they'd simply added a new mountain and tower!! Took me three cold and disappointing deaths, but I eventually figured it out. I am not a smart man.

5 hours ago, Crocket said:

First run after the patch I spawned into some rough weather and headed in desperation for the old Lookout. I died cowering under some wreckage! I (wrongly) assumed, after that experience, that the Lookout was now going to be treated similarly to the houses which are randomly spawned intact or in ruins for each new game. So, when I re-loaded and made my way to the Camp Office, I was excited to look up and see an intact Lookout in the distance. After a day or so of preparation and waiting for the right weather, I headed out to loot the old Lookout in hopes of finding a rifle or tool. Dodging wolves along the tracks made this take longer than usual, and the bear was patrolling Clearcut. I eventually made it to the base of the climb in the late evening and headed up. When I saw the wreckage, my initial assumption was that the game was somehow incorrectly drawing an intact tower from long distances, even when the tower was spawned as wreckage in reality. I figured maybe it was an oversight, and perhaps a bug worth reporting. I don't know why it was so hard for me to realise that they'd simply added a new mountain and tower!! Took me three cold and disappointing deaths, but I eventually figured it out. I am not a smart man.

Roflcopter!

I was so shocked when this happened. I just came back to TLD after a long pause. I saw and went over to the other one, which is neat I guess. But still - so many great memories in that original watch tower hiding out from storms and getting that first rifle. I was so sad I kind of wanted to just sit down next to the corpse and reminisce in the cold till I passed into the dark myself. Change is never easy.

However, it looks like they added a radio tower to the ruined tower though, so there's going to be something about getting those radio's going when story mode comes out. I can feel it. 

Archived