v.423. Climbing

Vinceofpyrenees

I was carrying more than 30kg and was ont the top of a hill in Plesant valley. I shot a bear downhill. I though it was the perfect plan to keep unvisible. But he was too wmart, and ran to me by doing the tour of the hill. 

I shot him again when he came at 20 meters where I was. I though I could go down by the rope and leave him, now alone at the top. 

But since v.423, we can't climb when we are carry too much weight. Climbing was nice before, leting us decide to climb in function the weight and the fatigue. We had to manage it well, and it called the player's intelligence. It was realistic.

Why this change ? I understand we can't climb up in surcharge, and even. But don't tell me it is impossible to go down !

If I could went down by the rope, this bear would never catched me. He let me at 10 percent life, I tried to treat the blood loss with old man's beard, but this medic now don't treat blood loss. I sarted to quickly loose health and died. 

10 hours ago, stapeliad said:

and I REALLY want a way to throw stuff down the cliffs.

During playtesting, we suggested that perhaps we should be able to lower a bundle of loot down by rope, then climb down ourselves..

But I'd much rather see a (considerably) higher weight limit imposed when climbing down.

11 hours ago, Vinceofpyrenees said:

Throw stuff ! Good idea it could be nice !

I *have* tossed brands over a cliff before climbing down before in PV near Skeeter's Ridge. If the angles on the cliff are 'just so' when you drop the item it'll fall over the edge and land down below.

Climbed down, picked it up, and continued using it too :)

19 hours ago, stapeliad said:

It frustrates me too...and I REALLY want a way to throw stuff down the cliffs. You can barely carry anything and climb.

I suggested this back when TWM was introduced, Obviously You wouldn't throw your rifle down to the bottom, but canned goods, clothing, ropes, prybars etc would be no problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived