Windows with views :)

Crimson Foxx

heya! :)

I was wondering, how hard would it be to allow for an external view of windows ( not Windows 10 LOL )  so we can see better the actual weather, time of day or possible predators plus it might provide a little light in the dawn and dusk of the day?

I understand maybe that there are two different cells ie internal cell when it loads you inside and an external cell when it loads you exiting and then being outside. But i am sure in Skyrim someone created a mod that allowed people to see out of the windows of the buildings in that game and see the external world. 

Here is an example of how a window at Trappers lodge looks as default and then with my representation of whats seen outside in-game. :)

Any thoughts anyone?

window inside.png

window inside with view.png

Thats very true. It could work just like it does with those. But the one difference is that all those you listed are in the same game cell as when outside. But when you enter a building ie Dam main door or Camp Office main door or Trappers lodge main door as examples, they use an interior cell which is why there is a loading screen when entering or exiting. I think the difficulty would be still having an interior cell but somehow showing he exterior view around that specific location. Plus i think and anyone is welcome to correct me, to then have the exterior world rezzing so thas its viewable from inside a lodge or home would maybe cause a lot more memory and scripting and possible lag. 

I would love my idea to become a reality as just being able to see how light or dark it was outside and even just to have a pretty view as well as being able to see if there is a wolf or bear outside would be awesome. Also for weather purposes. seeing how heavy the snow is falling or if its a blue sky or windy grey one :)

Like i have mentioned , i know someone managed to make a mod for skyrim that allowed an exterior cell to show from inside an interior one. Just dont know how complicated that would be for TLD and even if that hard work and effort is even really worth it when i guess much more pressing and important tasks are ahead. 

But, thats why this topic is here..Alpha wish list! :)

Did the mod in question actually allow you to view outside, or did it just show rain if it was raining and snow if it were snowing. There are a couple of housing mods that I recall that did this but never showed the npc that was standing right outside the window.

So from a TLD perspective it would show the clear, starlit sky but not the lurking wolf.

I am definitely not a computer expert so I am just curious.

i cant fully recall to be completely honest. I know it did show the sky and its time of day and the current weather. So if it was early morning and snowing it showed that and also showed the relative exterior buildings and landscape and foliage etc. But i cant recall if it did show animated npc's and creatures. it most likely didnt, which means that they probably couldn't do that with TLD. But even if that exterior view from inside even just did reflect the current time of day and weather and the local scenery that would in itself be amazing. :)

Archived