The new fox logo opinion

togg

On 6/7/2017 at 3:15 AM, MarrowStone said:

a fresh logo helps for marketing a fresh release of a game.

I don't see at all how. Not at all.  They went from using a really nice, memorable-looking logo to something that looks like "simple corporate branding." I feel that it's honestly kind of sad.  

As long as it doesn't symbolize a change in the dev studio's mentality then fine. 

33 minutes ago, cekivi said:

Ack! Sorry everyone! The poll was somehow lost when I merged the two threads O.o

For the record, it was about 50/50 (13 to 15 if I remember) in favour of the new logo. 

Three friends and I discussed and we would definitely have voted AGAINST the new logo so that makes it a majority in favor of the OLD logo :)

12 hours ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

I don't see at all how. Not at all.  They went from using a really nice, memorable-looking logo to something that looks like "simple corporate branding." I feel that it's honestly kind of sad.  

As long as it doesn't symbolize a change in the dev studio's mentality then fine. 

Not saying i prefer it, just trying to justify thier change. I miss the old animated logo that leaped away.

On 2017-05-15 at 8:21 AM, UpUrBeaver said:

I have to agree.

For legibility and scaleability the new logo is very functional.

I think so too. When you see it from your phone it's much more visible. I liked the old one too, I think the feet are better in the old logo....but again, the new feet are more visible in small scale. And it's much brighter.

On 2017-05-17 at 7:40 PM, togg said:

And it's in line with the design of wintermute poster, which I don't especially like by the way.

You don't like the poster? It's absolutely beautiful! I love it so much that I use it for my fbook header.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-6-9 at 3:16 PM, SnowWalker said:

You don't like the poster? It's absolutely beautiful! I love it so much that I use it for my fbook header.

I have to agree with you there, that poster is great.

@Wasteland Watcher I kinda have to also agree with you. The old logo had a certain charm to it, especially when animated, and I'm kinda sad to see it go. But the developer mark should not be out staging the game logo, so this might be the result of hierarchy of importants: Game name, sub-title, image, any further info.... then dev logo.

40 minutes ago, Hotzn said:

Both logos look ok to me, though personally I prefer the old one. What irritates me is Hinterland changing things without really improving them. 

i love the new logo the more i see it, what irritates me is users stuck in their old ways.

13 hours ago, UpUrBeaver said:

I have to agree with you there, that poster is great.

@Wasteland Watcher I kinda have to also agree with you. The old logo had a certain charm to it, especially when animated, and I'm kinda sad to see it go. But the developer mark should not be out staging the game logo, so this might be the result of hierarchy of importants: Game name, sub-title, image, any further info.... then dev logo.

I love all the new updates Hinterland has been making, all except this new, sterile logo. 

As a matter of fact I love the old logo so much that I have one laptop with a save from just before the release of Faithful Cartographer that I keep disconnected from the Internet just so I can still see the old logo, the actual old logo in all its unique, rustic, and charming beauty, before I actually continue playing the game on that old save where I [spoiler alert!] ...still live in the original Forestry Outlook ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2017 at 0:40 PM, Scyzara said:

I actually like both HL logos.

The old one is beautiful due to its numerous details, but I always found the fox's facial expression was somehow a bit sad. The new logo is much less detailed, but it somehow looks more 'active' to me. (Which is probably beneficial if you want it to represent your company). ;)

Long story short: I don't mind the change at all.

I agree. If Hinterland were to offer the old logo for like an iron-on patch, I would scoop that up in a heartbeat.  Merchandising, if Hinterland were so inclined, would be a great place to keep the detailed logo alive.

20 hours ago, Samsonguy920 said:

Merchandising, if Hinterland were so inclined, would be a great place to keep the detailed logo alive.

It would indeed.. unfortunately, Hinterland recently had a clearance sale of their merchandise (I grabbed 2 mugs, one with the logo, and one TLD one), so I'm guessing the new batch of merchandise will have the new logo.

On 2017-7-3 at 7:24 AM, Samsonguy920 said:

I agree. If Hinterland were to offer the old logo for like an iron-on patch, I would scoop that up in a heartbeat.  Merchandising, if Hinterland were so inclined, would be a great place to keep the detailed logo alive.

@Samsonguy920 now that is an idea!  For those who bought the early access version of the game, they could perhaps implement an easter egg where you get to discover and find a patch or badge of the old logo you can pin to your outfit ingame? (which would actually make a great merch item for punters to buy in real life)
Like a big shiny "thank you for supporting the development of the game, you are the OG crowd".

Archived