1.12(PC) You Are Missing Loot When Playing Live (or There's Additional Loot Available Playing From Save Data)

selfless

v0.426 If you quit out after entering a building for the first time then reload, more gear will be available for you to loot.  I imagine this is not intended.

Example:  Entered Trapper's Cabin.  Game saves automatically.  Look around and take screenshot group 1 playing live.  Then quit and restore from save point.  Look around on reloaded game and take screenshot group 2 playing from restored save. Several additional items are now present as well as all the original (lighter fluid, magnifying glass, toolbox, energy bar, antibiotics, disinfectant have been added).  Stalker FYI

1b.jpg

2b_LI.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Takeaway: If you start a new game and don't immediately quit and restore from save data, you are cheating yourself out of supplies.  

And its the same with every map and building entered (the first time) for the rest of the game.

This should be hotfixed as soon as possible. It's pretty bad. I'm not sure what is the right amount of loot but in interloper it's not the save file loot. Probably the base one or that and something more.

17 hours ago, selfless said:

Takeaway: If you start a new game and don't immediately quit and restore from save data, you are cheating yourself out of supplies.  

And its the same with every map and building entered (the first time) for the rest of the game.

Thanks.. will be doing this from now on, until it's fixed. This goes a long way towards explaining the general reduction in loot many of us saw and commented on during testing.

4 hours ago, JAFO said:

Thanks.. will be doing this from now on, until it's fixed. This goes a long way towards explaining the general reduction in loot many of us saw and commented on during testing.

Sorry, but I didn't understand what @selfless said, and I noticed you did. 

Can you explain this to me please? Do I have to do anything to make things the way they're supposed to be?

10 minutes ago, Rada_ said:

Sorry, but I didn't understand what @selfless said, and I noticed you did. 

Can you explain this to me please? Do I have to do anything to make things the way they're supposed to be?

What I understand is:
1) you enter some building (the game is saved) for the first time, and see the amount A of loot;
2) you quit the game (while inside the building) and reload that same game, and see amount B of loot, such that B > A.

5 minutes ago, slackhideo said:

What I understand is:
1) you enter some building (the game is saved) for the first time, and see the amount A of loot;
2) you quit the game (while inside the building) and reload that same game, and see amount B of loot, such that B > A.

Yes, thanks, I got that. My question is which is supposed to be? A or B?

2 minutes ago, Rada_ said:

Ah, sorry. I thought you asked another question.
The correct value is maybe B, because we felt that loot has been shrunk in the test branch. But the sure answer only Hinterland can give you.

8 hours ago, Rada_ said:

8 hours ago, togg said:

The correct value is surelly NOT B, at least for interloper.

7 hours ago, slackhideo said:

Okay, so it's not B (at least for interloper). I trust you more than myself.

7 hours ago, Rada_ said:

He's playing Stalker! Maybe it's B

I believe that levels in Stalker and Interloper are still more-or-less correct, from discussions we had in the test-build forum.

On Voyageur, though, levels dropped significantly.. roughly 50% or so, if my playthroughs are anything to go by. So for Voyageur, it ought to be B, from what I've experienced..

So I started a new Voy on DP today to test this, and could not repro this issue on that map.  The loot rolled a little differently each load, but I didn't see a larger amount.  Just slightly different stuff or placement.  I also did a tiny bit of testing yesterday on my Interloper run in ML and did see "additional" vs "changing" loot.  Maybe... hard to tell because Interloper loot is so sparse.  

But maybe ML is the only map this happens on? 

7 hours ago, Ruruwawa said:

So I started a new Voy on DP today to test this, and could not repro this issue on that map.  The loot rolled a little differently each load, but I didn't see a larger amount.  Just slightly different stuff or placement.  I also did a tiny bit of testing yesterday on my Interloper run in ML and did see "additional" vs "changing" loot.  Maybe... hard to tell because Interloper loot is so sparse.  

But maybe ML is the only map this happens on? 

you have to reload the same save file. when you enter a building.

26 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Loot levels seem ok so far in the Stalker run I've started today.. but levels on Voyageur seem to be almost at Stalker levels.

Are you kidding? i'm doing a Voyageur run and the loot levels are obscene,  just from looting ML (and not even the whole map) i have about 10 cans of lantern fuel and 4 jerry cans.  Thats just an example, but that is literally more fuel than I will ever use.

5 minutes ago, continuity said:

Are you kidding? i'm doing a Voyageur run and the loot levels are obscene,  just from looting ML (and not even the whole map) i have about 10 cans of lantern fuel and 4 jerry cans.  Thats just an example, but that is literally more fuel than I will ever use.

That's good to hear.. looks like during playtesting of the test-build, then, the RNG gods were just hating on us.

(On the other hand, what about matches, and clothing? Those were really scarce, for many of us, during testing.)

I tested this on Xbox during a stalker run. I couldn't see any difference in loot from going in a building and then quitting and loading the save. I'm glad because that would be such a pain to quit out of every new building entered.

i did notice that on each new game the trappers cabin has different container arrangements. I want it to be my base so I kept starting a new game and checking it until it had two boxes under the bed and a backpack on the chair. Sometimes it was one box and no backpack. 

Archived