THE LONG DARK SANDBOX UPDATED TO v.423 -- "FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER"

Admin

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, admin said:

THE LONG DARK SANDBOX UPDATED TO v.423 -- "FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER"

Hello community,

@admin Any chance you can tell me when the update will be available on GoG ? - or do they already have it and just not put it on there site yet ?

7 hours ago, The Gentleman Bastard said:

When will the update be available for Xbox One? 

The XBOX UPDATE is available. It didn't appear in the Updates section  on the XBOX nor did it automatically download like it does with other patches but when I trid to play the game THAT's when it told me there was an update. So try just starting the game.

Despite feeling that maybe devs think diffrently, i think the test branch actually was a huge success and the update turned out quit well. In general the update is a huge improvement, especially the visuals. Most critics about specific functions regarding UI was taken care of and lots and lots of bugs have been fixed. Now all the positive aspects of the update are shining even brighter.

I also appreciate that you mentioned several things you will fix and are currently not working. So we know about it right away and don't open new topics. In that regard, i also hope the new indoor lighting will be re-released with story mode because i think it was very nice.

If you like the new UI or not, time will tell. Most likely we will get used to it. Together with the graphic changes, i think it is an improvement.

gj Hinterland.

Congratulations on rolling out this huge update. Time to get back into the game! :)

Bit sad about losing my 200+ days save at PV farmhouse, but it was getting really cold anyway. That's the nature of early access I guess :)

1 hour ago, MueckE said:

In that regard, i also hope the new indoor lighting will be re-released with story mode because i think it was very nice.

I thought that they stated a few patches back that they removed the indoor lighting system yet would release it for version 1.0.  

I noticed though that even with fog outside, the weather on the inside makes it look as if it were a sunny day outside. So maybe they meant by version 1.0 aka alpha version...?

Much excite!  Can't wait to begin playing this "final before release" version of sandbox and posting videos to my YouTube channel.

Congrats to everyone on the Hinterland team for creating a game that has kept me interested and entertained for almost 2 years now :)

Fingers crossed for more in-game "Challenges" after Wintermute launch.  The challenges really add a lot of value to Sandbox for me.

3 hours ago, Shadrach said:

Bit sad about losing my 200+ days save at PV farmhouse, but it was getting really cold anyway. That's the nature of early access I guess :)

This x100.

Very sad to be losing my 120 day save, in which I've been thinking about heading over to see the crashed aeroplane but never got round to it.

Don't suppose there's any way we can keep the old game up and running?

german Survival Site reports about the Update: https://survivethis.news/the-long-dark-sandbox-update-faithful-cartographer-wintermute/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+survivethis-news+(Survivethis)#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

But i realy don't like that we have to hold the mouse for entering buildings etc. that's annoying. And i don't like the fact that after harvesting for old man's lichen they are popping up again to you with the infotext. Good for new players, but for us... i have to play it for own, 2 long weeks til that.

And really nice that you followed my suggestion (at least i imagine it was my suggestion that found the way in the game): The corpses look different now \ö/ :D

1 hour ago, Karl Grylls said:

But i realy don't like that we have to hold the mouse for entering buildings etc. that's annoying.

I feel the same (my fingers hurt like hell and it does exactly the same), but as they added the option to switch back to the old way I dont care.

4 hours ago, Gleudal said:

"All profile data will be preserved, however -- this means that all Badges, Feats, and Journals will still be saved." From the save wipe-tread. Well mine are gone. completly :/ (Win 10) 

Please report as a bug! It's important that any save feature problems are fixed well before the 1.0 launch. 

8 hours ago, doctorfoxhound said:

I have to click into my clothing screen to see what the outside temp is?

Well, you can also hit the 'f' key to check your stats.. then again to go back to where you were.

Would be good more specific infomation about which tool we gonna use while struggle for kill , defend or scare them off. Test branch informations were more specific like mapping system is in only mystery lake etc.

I've been in software development for 3 decades and loved The Long Dark since I began playing. Not so much for the technical achievement, but for the mood and artistry. I was very excited for the update. However, this is the worst update I've ever seen on any game. The interface was clean and user friendly and now it looks like a kid with sticky fingers was let loose on the chalkboard. Stalker mode is harder, MUCH harder and this is the first time I've ever wanted to rage quit a game. If this is the future of TLD, count me out.

2 hours ago, avronnel said:

The interface was clean and user friendly and now it looks like a kid with sticky fingers was let loose on the chalkboard.

Thank you.. you're not alone with that impression.

(And welcome to the forums!)

2 hours ago, avronnel said:

Stalker mode is harder, MUCH harder and this is the first time I've ever wanted to rage quit a game. If this is the future of TLD, count me out.

I feel your pain.. give them some time though.. wolves were too easy before.. and Hinterland may have gone a little overboard in adjusting that. Hopefully, they'll now re-balance things to be a little less brutal.

Archived