[Spoilers] Questions about Voyageur & Stalker difficulties

Wasteland Watcher

After Interloper difficulty was implemented,  I noticed that I stopped at bumping into wolves where I used to meet them all the time before, such as right outside in front the ML camp office, the woods straight back out of the back door of the camp office, walking on the lake path,  even right outside the Trapper's Cabin.   Those places all seem really, really safe now. 

I have only ever played Voyageur difficulty. 

Do Stalker players still run into them at those locations? 

What is the clothing deterioration rate difference between Stalker and Voyageur difficulties? My clothes in Voyageur seem to decay maybe a half percent a day as long as I don't go out in bad weather.

Stalker players that have played Voyageur can you please outline the big differences between the two difficulties? 

Finally this last question probably has very subjective answers to it, but which difficulty is closest to being "realistic" versus being just "challenging game play?"

I don't see wolfs in the lake that much, but the railroad tracks are full of them. (Stalker)

Voyageur and Stalker are pretty much the same for me except for the loot. I don't know the actual numbers or anything like that, but it seems like in Voyageur you get like one item on every three things you search. Stalker 1/5 and Interloper 1/10. Again, this is what I feel. I'm not quoting any wiki or something like that. 

In Voyageur weather wasn't a really big problem, as in Stalker. But it's harder as you (probably) have less clothes. 

I think they are all realistic, just different experiences. Voyageur is more calmed and easy going, you don't really have to search crucial stuff as you probably going to already have it. In Stalker you'll have less time to stop and relax.

If you are thinking on jumping to Stalker, try it. It's my go to difficulty. I find it's the perfect balance. You get to enjoy the beautiful world but you'll have to work for it. 

This is just my opinion. 

@Rada_thanks for the info --appreciated :)

now in Voyageur I meet wolves a few places along the tracks but far less than before. They used to practically surround camp office, sometimes would hunt rabbits & deer at the nearby "rabbit grove," would be at the tracks near what used to be tunnel collapse, derailing, train loading area, and the tracks near Carter Dam. 

Now they are rarely around the tracks and I've only encountered one near the tunnel. .Just an observation. 

I'm curious if it is just "lucky coincidence" or "by design?" 

23 minutes ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

@Rada_thanks for the info --appreciated :)

now in Voyageur I meet wolves a few places along the tracks but far less than before. They used to practically surround camp office, sometimes would hunt rabbits & deer at the nearby "rabbit grove," would be at the tracks near what used to be tunnel collapse, derailing, train loading area, and the tracks near Carter Dam. 

Now they are rarely around the tracks and I've only encountered one near the tunnel. .Just an observation. 

I'm curious if it is just "lucky coincidence" or "by design?" 

My guess it's only that sandbox. When I started my new Stalker test branch sandbox I went to my go-to base: Trapper's Homestead. I've been there for a LONG time on my previous non test branch sandbox.

Anyway. A bear appeared there, and that never happened to me. Imagine my face when I went outside and a freaking bear was walking around what I imagine to be my home.

So maybe if you start another Voyageur in Mystery Lake you get your so desired Camp Office surround.

Again, that's my guess based on a few experiences. Maybe I'm talking nonsense.

Cheers from Argentina! :)

9 hours ago, Rada_ said:

I went to my go-to base: Trapper's Homestead.
A bear appeared there, and that never happened to me. Imagine my face when I went outside and a freaking bear was walking around what I imagine to be my home.

That's been a possibility for a long time now..  but maybe a little rare.. in a good dozen or so times I've based myself at Trapper's, the bear has only been there a couple of times. When he does spawn there, his cave is nearby, too.

22 hours ago, Rada_ said:

My guess it's only that sandbox. When I started my new Stalker test branch sandbox I went to my go-to base: Trapper's Homestead. I've been there for a LONG time on my previous non test branch sandbox.

Anyway. A bear appeared there, and that never happened to me. Imagine my face when I went outside and a freaking bear was walking around what I imagine to be my home.

So maybe if you start another Voyageur in Mystery Lake you get your so desired Camp Office surround.

Again, that's my guess based on a few experiences. Maybe I'm talking nonsense.

Cheers from Argentina! :)

Over the course of the 17 sanboxes I've played, I've had a bear living near Trapper's 2 or 3 times. All Voyageur.

I've read that generally 2 bears will be residing on maps and I guess those stay static, but wolves have set "territories" they 'patrol' which can vary day by day (won't be there one day, will be there the next or vice versa).

At least that's what patch notes read about a year ago with the addition of "animal migration." I don't know for sure if it has been kept in or removed (would love a comment from Hinterland to confirm!).

日本から宜しく!(Greetings from Japan !) :)

• 2 weeks later...

I distinctly remember having to look out for wolves right outside the camp office, but not having to anymore. They are very nearby, on both the lake, and on the tracks. But unless I am carrying meat, I've been 100% safe, stepping out either door. 

Archived