Invisible Wolf and other problems with things going invisible

SteveP

I was playing an old game challenge, the Nomad, using the latest update software and I noticed something very strange. I was fishing in a hut for several days and when I came out to find more sticks, I saw a deer carcass nearby. I went closer to investigate and the carcass was making growling and eating sounds, just like a wolf. But no wolf was visible. Not wishing to test the limits of my luck, I decided to put an arrow into it. I aimed just to the right of the deer carcass where the wolf normally feeds and let fly. Blood and wolf dying wimper!

Has anyone considered the possibility that disappearing objects could be a Unity bug?

This continues to be a problem. Perhaps I may be able to help out. Would a non-disclosure agreement be satisfactory @Raphael van Lierop? Pay me if I fix it; this is what I used to do for a living; fix unfixable bugs.

I didn't have an invisible wolf (So weird btw) but yesterday in the main update I fought a wolf that came at me from out of nowhere near Quonset so I didn't have time to even shoot 'cause he was right on me. I fought him with the axe then ran indoors. Later on, after a nap, when I came out he just sort of appeared right in front of me outside the door about ten feet away and then made his dying cry and then dies, right there. I wondered if it was just coincidence or did Hinterland make it so we'll see our dying animals die the next time we go outside....so we don't have to track them, idk? It freaked me out too.

I was going to open a bug report on a similar event that happened to me in forlorn muskeg two days before the release of faithful cartographer. As my issues similar I'll just note it here:  Pretty close to the Forge two deer were killed by a wolf which I disturbed. . As I was harvesting the deer  I heard deer walking sounds.  As soon as I finish harvesting I stood up and immediately heard, very close, the sound of a deer running away  but none to be seen.  As I stood looking around I heard the running deer circle around me and maybe even run right through me but it was invisible, and I didn't notice any footprints either. 

45 minutes ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

I was going to open a bug report on a similar event that happened to me in forlorn muskeg two days before the release of faithful cartographer. As my issues similar I'll just note it here:  Pretty close to the Forge two deer were killed by a wolf which I disturbed. . As I was harvesting the deer  I heard deer walking sounds.  As soon as I finish harvesting I stood up and immediately heard, very close, the sound of a deer running away  but none to be seen.  As I stood looking around I heard the running deer circle around me and maybe even run right through me but it was invisible, and I didn't notice any footprints either. 

I had an invisible deer in PV at the river between TWM and the farmhouse.  There was a wolf on the far side of the river chasing something (not me).  It made me wonder if the deer sounds were just too loud for a distant deer.  Sorry no F8... interloper this far >|  |< from hypothermia. :S

3 hours ago, Ruruwawa said:

I had an invisible deer in PV at the river between TWM and the farmhouse.  There was a wolf on the far side of the river chasing something (not me).  It made me wonder if the deer sounds were just too loud for a distant deer.  Sorry no F8... interloper this far >|  |< from hypothermia. :S

Never had an issue with invisible animals before so don't know if this is something related to the release of faithful cartographer or not but I guess we have an "invisible animal bug reports" focal point here in this thread

16 hours ago, JAFO said:

Possibly related to the several reports of an underground bear at Unnamed Pond.

Yes! This happened to me twice. Thank goodness for emergency stims. Super frightening as well when you hear the bear out of nowhere.

Hi folks,

same here: invisible bear at the Unnamed pond (no visible bear, just usual "bear" sounds and after some seconds the bear popped just in front of me); invisible wolf near the Unnamed pond chasing me (no visible model, footsteps or shadow, just sound).

Is the Unnamed pond some kind of "anomaly" zone like the infamous Bermuda Triangle or what? :)

Archived