All those cars...

KarinmedQ

Oh you mean like an ability to siphon the gas from the cars or get access to the little remaining in the tanks for fire fuel? That could be a neat survival trick. gasoline i think doesnt freeze so any remaining in the car tanks might be usable but i am no expert on cars or fuel.

39 minutes ago, Crimson Foxx said:

Oh you mean like an ability to siphon the gas from the cars or get access to the little remaining in the tanks for fire fuel? That could be a neat survival trick. gasoline i think doesnt freeze so any remaining in the car tanks might be usable but i am no expert on cars or fuel.

Yeah, exactly :D - and I think gasoline can freeze around - 40-60 C, and it might depend on the integrity of tank and things like that (I'm no expert on cars XD)

19 minutes ago, Boulay22 said:

and you doesnt even need to punch holes in the tank , just cut the hoses going to and from the tank :) no fire hazard ?

That's smart! Though I was more thinking one could probably get the fuel cap open with the crowbar perhaps?

1 hour ago, KarinmedQ said:

That's smart! Though I was more thinking one could probably get the fuel cap open with the crowbar perhaps?

Yeah in the game it would be the easy way !! But for realism theyd have to insert ruber hoses for us to pump the precious liquid ?

10 hours ago, Boulay22 said:

Yeah in the game it would be the easy way !! But for realism theyd have to insert ruber hoses for us to pump the precious liquid ?

Mm, I'm trying to think if there's anything already in the game that could be used... and all my sleep deprived brain can come up with is the cured intestines and that probably wouldn't work...

Maybe your able to onetime remove some rubber hose from the engine area when you lift the hood up in game. then you move to the rear side of the car ( gasoline cap) and siphon the little remaining fuel into a gas tank ( which you need to have picked up, the green ones) So basically you have to have 1) a green fuel tank 2) a salvages one-time hose section from the front engine area of the car ( hence giving a purpose to lifting the hood) and then you get a one-time gain of fuel from that specific car :). But not all cars/vehicles have fuel so it can be random. This would add some suspense as your very exposed while doing this, prone to attacks from wolves. :) Silly imagination i know. I always lift the hood of a car once i search it so i always know later that car was searched if the hoods up. Much like how i leave the microwave door open in kitchens so i know i have been there.

This topic on fuel form cars has been brought up a few times with all sorts of suggestions many mentioned before. gas/Petrol == explosions burn fast :)

Anyway If we are desperate I would suggest maybe using the tools? Tools in game need a new job! and to access the fuel maybe we also need a certain type of container to store it, like any empty jerry can, cant mix fuels. either way it has to be some sort of realistic solution if we are able to source petrol? from cars then what? where do we use the petrol? not like we can put it in another car and go shopping?

Oh i agree we cant power any cars with it but it would maybe be useful as lantern fuel? can car fuel be used for such things as lantern fuel? i am not sure. I like the brainstorming and even if its already an old idea brought up before, its fun to go over such things and share ideas. I understand if 90% of the ideas we have are pointless, stupid or totally unrealistic to add to the game but its this sharing of ideas and imagination that fuels( excuse the pun) games and development like this. If noone posted ideas simply because they was silly or not practical or not totally thought through, then this forum would be a sadder place.

Many of my ideas and suggestions i think afterwards are a bit silly and often people point out that they would not be used in the game but who knows, maybe one day an idea i think up might catch the attention of developers and they think " hmmm, thats actually not such a bad idea right there." :) But with my crazy imagination i wont hold me breathe.

I like your tools idea. Especially as we have quality tools as well which would give them a further use ingame. :)

ha yeah I think using petrol in any type of lantern might blow your face off :) or cause serious burns :) prb why we can now get extra fuel harvesting fish :) its a safer oil blend of fuel / less volatile.

as for suggestions yeah this game has been around for a while now so don't be suprised if we all bring up older suggestions / topics or threads. all good.

Fun fact, did you know that we can already open the fuel caps on many vehicles?  I'm not sure if it's all vehicles because I haven't tested it, but just like popping the hood and pulling down the visor, it's a bit of immersion that currently doesn't yield any gameplay effect.  I always assumed that siphoning gas and maybe doing something with the car battery would perhaps be forthcoming, or be an important part of story mode perhaps.

Love the tools idea. that and maybe this fuel would only be useful as a firestarter or to make torches but not lamp fuel. so it has a negative to it as you carry it? otherwise, you could try to get the oil from the engine block and burn that? never tried to burn it personally. wonder if that would be a better lamp fuel. might take too much to code that. since we have tools, and we can open the gas cap, maybe the quality tools make the entire process possible, meaning those tools have a hose in them for doing this and the other tools do not. again another trade off for you to decide.

you can remove the battery??!! OMG how come i dont know all of this?! so today i have learnt that a) i can unscrew the fuel cap and b) i can remove the battery from the engine! How do i remove it because i am sure i have tried to interact with the car batteries but get nothing.

On 6/6/2017 at 10:41 PM, nicko said:

if we are able to source petrol? from cars then what? where do we use the petrol? not like we can put it in another car and go shopping?

The nice thing about petrol is, it makes a beautiful accelerant.. I'm pretty sure you can think of a use for that. ;)

6 hours ago, stapeliad said:

I use the battery in the hood to mark if I have looted a car or not.  When you move off a map the hoods close which is what I first did..keep the hood open--. now I take the battery out and put it on the roof.

I do the same thing!

4 hours ago, JAFO said:

The nice thing about petrol is, it makes a beautiful accelerant.. I'm pretty sure you can think of a use for that. ;)

Unless a generator or chainsaw some how make it into the game not really no.

Archived