Custom Settings For Sandbox

Josh M

Not sure if this is already planned or considered, but wouldn't it be cool to have custom settings for sandbox maps?

For example: Starting items, clothing, and health condition, map temperature, animal population, ice weakness, loot chance percentage, max health/conditions, time speed, weather, etc... 

13 minutes ago, Josh M said:

Not sure if this is already planned or considered, but wouldn't it be cool to have custom settings for sandbox maps?

For example: Starting items, clothing, and health condition, map temperature, animal population, ice weakness, loot chance percentage, max health/conditions, time speed, weather, etc... 

So you mean by boosting up your character before starting the game; don't understand how that would benefit the player's enjoyment of the game in any way

Hinterland addressed 'custom game sliders' a few years ago, and they have stated that it will not happen

2 hours ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

So you mean by boosting up your character before starting the game; don't understand how that would benefit the player's enjoyment of the game in any way

Hinterland addressed 'custom game sliders' a few years ago, and they have stated that it will not happen

Not necessarily "boosting your character." In fact, that covers a very narrow section of my suggest in a very one sided way.  

My suggestion would benefit players by allowing them to create custom conditions and scenarios to challenge themselves and discover unique/new ways of surviving.

I do see why this would be unnecessary, though. 

1 minute ago, Josh M said:

Not necessarily "boosting your character." In fact, that covers a very narrow section of my suggest in a very one sided way.  

My suggestion would benefit players by allowing them to create custom conditions and scenarios to challenge themselves and discover unique/new ways of surviving.

I do see why this would be unnecessary, though. 

Now that you phrase it differently, makes a lot more sense :)

Custom challenges though? Unless modding comes out, I don't get how you could create a custom mini story ( kind of like the Hunted Part 1&2)

Looks like there is enough people that would like to customize some of sandbox starting condition

for instance right now you either have lot of loot and too easy game on pilgrim, or bit too much wolves in harder difficulty

Yea I mentioned in another post once that I think the game could benefit from tuning your own difficulty settings.

What if you want to play in the weather conditions of interloper, but would like the loot or wildlife of voyager/stalker? It would be need if you weren't just confined to the RNG's plan every game

15 hours ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

Now that you phrase it differently, makes a lot more sense :)

Custom challenges though? Unless modding comes out, I don't get how you could create a custom mini story ( kind of like the Hunted Part 1&2)

Yeah, I thought of that. There would either have to modding support, or a custom map maker inside the game to have mini stories or specific scenarios like that. But that's now what I'm talking about.

My idea is that you can control, for example, how many animals spawn, but not where they spawn. So you couldn't create something as complex or specific as Hunter, but it would allow you to explore different ways of surviving. And maybe players can even share custom settings with each other and compare their strategies.

1 hour ago, michael_martin said:

Yea I mentioned in another post once that I think the game could benefit from tuning your own difficulty settings.

What if you want to play in the weather conditions of interloper, but would like the loot or wildlife of voyager/stalker? It would be need if you weren't just confined to the RNG's plan every game

Right, that's precisely what I was thinking.

Basically it would give you more sandbox-like abilities in the game. 

Archived