AlexandraRussia

• Hello , maybe my idea will seem strange but in the game there are bodies of people, lie and made me sad,please give the opportunity to bury them, well, when there are times of the year , it will be easy to bury them , and how it is not comfortable near the corpse , and yet, they could burn as in ancient times.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is an interesting idea.  I would be more inclined towards the "burn the bodies" methodology since the burying concept would be seasonally restrictive and it would mean implementing a digging tool which does not currently exist (to the best of my knowledge).

I would think the mechanics would require a sizable amount of sticks (for tinder) as well as a significant amount of fir or cedar.  I would also think that it would require a specific amount of lantern fuel (from fish cooking for example) to act as a catalyst since bodies do not burn easily.

Just some thoughts on it, hope that is okay.

5 hours ago, AlexandraRussia said:

Hello , you're still changing the mechanics of the game , the body could burn as in ancient times , when warriors were burned on a huge bonfire ,but it is possible to reduce the size of the fire ) .Besides, this way predators will not work ).for a while ).

Predators "wolves and bears" aren't attracted to these bodies because they're already solid frozen. 

Really don't get the point you're trying to make here, can you clarify @AlexandraRussia?

Again @AlexandraRussia, we are in a post-apocalyptic scenario; people will die and matter of fact is that these corpses are part of the scenery

When people play the game, they go to the body, search the body and then move along. Nobody cares about the bodies and why they are there. No one feels remorse for the bodies because they mean nothing to the player. Burial is useless and would be a wasted mechanic

32 minutes ago, AlexandraRussia said:

Well, as anyone ) , because some simply live and not survive ).besides, now change the mechanics ).

K you're making no sense whatsoever. I tried to understand you, but if you have no basis or support for your ideas why should your plan make any sense. You don't get the fact that most players just walk around the corpse and don't care about what the story behind them  

Burial would be pointless and have no purpose. The dead bodies have no effect on players' mentalities except for you @AlexandraRussia, and if you have an issue with them then you shouldn't be playing this game under the current circumstances. 

29 minutes ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

K you're making no sense whatsoever. I tried to understand you, but if you have no basis or support for your ideas why should your plan make any sense. You don't get the fact that most players just walk around the corpse and don't care about what the story behind them  

Burial would be pointless and have no purpose. The dead bodies have no effect on players' mentalities except for you @AlexandraRussia, and if you have an issue with them then you shouldn't be playing this game under the current circumstances. 

How rude, I would tell you a few kind words , but I will not use obscene words .that's your opinion .if you want to be near corpses of your business .

9 minutes ago, AlexandraRussia said:

How rude, I would tell you a few kind words , but I will not use obscene words .that's your opinion .if you want to be near corpses of your business .

:D Please..... 

I will continue to be near those corpses. Why? Because I couldn't care less, like the rest of people here I DO NOT care about dead corpses in the game

Nope, me too I care about this frozen guys! Okay , i don't care if there were in the outdoors ('cause it's the apocalypse you know ?). But as part of the mental health of our character , it's totally logical to remove them where we live. Plus, corpse are vector for infection and other, so ....

For emotional state , useful for the corpse to burn , and no matter who he was , even in harsh times you need to be a man , and I think Real people playing , the character , experiencing many different emotions , I personally feel sadness and pity for this body , whoever he was.

36 minutes ago, Frozen guy said:

But as part of the mental health of our character , it's totally logical to remove them where we live. Plus, corpse are vector for infection and other, so ....

So in Story Mode yes you should feel a sort of connection, during the process in which Will is trying to understand the situation that he's in. 

Until the 'locket=will to survive' aspect comes into play, this "burial" nonsense is not happening

7 minutes ago, AlexandraRussia said:

For emotional state , useful for the corpse to burn , and no matter who he was , even in harsh times you need to be a man , and I think Real people playing , the character , experiencing many different emotions , I personally feel sadness and pity for this body , whoever he was.

I'm done trying to make sense out of you, it's not worth for me to waste time with someone that makes no sense and who keeps on repeating the same gibberish over and over again. 

Well, if you can bury them, then I want to be able to EAT them....

Cannibalism has always existed and is a facet of what it means to be human. It is a
universal phenomena that often relates to the primal desire to survive, but can also be an
act of veneration and honor, and is still a topic of fierce debate amongst anthropologists
and archaeologists today. Throughout history there have been many incidents of cannibalism in order to survive.

Probably the most prominent event occurred in China a long time ago where a warlord systematically slaughtered the civilians of his besieged city for food, some 30k souls over a two year period in order to feed his soldiers.  Author Dieter Kuhn sums it up best..."They called it ‘flesh of thought’ or ‘two-legged mutton’.  On many occasions when rebels ran out of food, they captured people and ate them; sometimes they salted or pickled the corpses to preserve them for later consumption. In years of famine, humans were slaughtered like livestock, chopped to pieces, and cooked for food. Human flesh was often more plentiful and cheaper than dog meat.

Probably get at least 6 kilo of "two legged mutton" out of a corpse after you loot it.  ;)

Yep. I wanted this from the start. Especially the one inside Camp Office.

Frankly speaking I'm not sure why scavengers aren't able to just consume the bodies. A carcass being frozen doesn't seem to bother wolverines, bears, or birds of prey. Even wolves and foxes depend on carrion in the winter.

21 hours ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

This won't be put into Sandbox Mode; why should I care about those bodies, they mean nothing to the player...

Lol... You're kidding right? They're an inexhaustible source of feathers. They're really bloody annoying during calm weather, especially if you're trying to listen for a wolf. They're also quite unsightly for most people.

Plus they're rather interesting sometimes. A lot of people have made stories about those bodies, like the dam guy. Probably started out bowhunting at the winding river area. He had an encounter with fluffy in or outside the dam. He ran. She got to him. He escaped but lost his scarf in the process. He tried to use a torch to stop her. It worked. He made it to the door but he wasn't able to open it before she caught up to him. A struggle ensued. Using his arrows, he was able to fend her off and lock her behind the other side of the door where she waits, hungrily, for her next meal. But after all that he still succumbs to his wounds.

As for the Camp Office guy... he's an idiot. How could he die inside of a building with food, medical supplies, and firewood? I wanna be able to drag his idiot corpse out of the building and dispose of it.

6 hours ago, shade_grey said:

As for the Camp Office guy... he's an idiot. How could he die inside of a building with food, medical supplies, and firewood? I wanna be able to drag his idiot corpse out of the building and dispose of it.

I use him for storage...

9 hours ago, shade_grey said:

Medical supplies are limited. If you go down with simultaneous parasites and food poisoning, you gonna die, because you don't have enough resources to treat that there (unless you hit the mother load in antibiotics). Alternatively, he could have been the victim of human violence. You can't tell, really. Given his position, I'd say he was killed by someone.
As for burial... possibly, but I would rather see a gradual decay mechanic implemented for human corpses as well as deer. Deer corpses slowly dissolve into the snow over time, the only reason human corpses don't is because they carry higher value (non renewable) items. In a survival situation, the concept of burial is a bit strange to me, because I tend to follow the same lines of logic as Everest expeditions do:

Due to the expense, difficulty, and danger to those removing bodies, removal is uncommon.

It makes more sense to me to just allow looted bodies to sink into the snow and disappear. Storage should be available in the form of caches (which are set up like snow shelters), as oppose to this weird concept of using a corpse to store 50 kilos of venison.

I know I have already contributed to this thread a small amount, but considering some of the recent posts, I want to chime back in again on a few points.  I want to preface these by saying that these are just my opinions and that if you take them and add 35¢, you will have exactly 35¢.

Body Burial

Sorry to those who want to say that they speak for everyone here, but you're only speaking for yourself, so please do not make blanket statements about nobody else caring about this topic. Survival is not just about the physical, it's also about surviving as a civilization (even if it is one person at a time).  Holding on to the concepts such as burying the dead (or burning them in the case of a permafrost environment) would be a step in that direction.  Civilization is not a block of concrete, it's a pile of stones held together by the bonds of a common goal or belief (not religious beliefs, rather more like that of the belief that we as a species can attain anything if we work together).  So in that vein, every single concept that we toss aside as not worth doing makes that civilization lesser that it was before.  So for me, this would be a great mechanic to include in the game and might even warrant the creation of a new Badge for Civilized Survival.  This might be added to more in Story Mode is how we deal with the various encounters we have along the way...but again, just my opinion.

Caches

@EternityTide, personally I think that would be a brilliant idea!  You should add that to the wish list topic (if you haven't already...or if it is already there and I have simply never seen it).

Storage On Dead Bodies

I have to say, I've never thought of doing this.  When I read that in one of the comments above I simultaneously thought, "Oh, that is an interesting thought" and "Store food on a corpse...no way".  Again, these are just my opinions, but I would say if it can be done, then it's a mechanism the devs left there for folks to use, however, as far as it being a civil activity, I think it would count against me.

------

Please note that I am not picking on anyone here, just stating my thoughts on this.  I'm sure I will catch some flames over them, but hey, can I use that as a fire source? :)

no preaching here I say, but sure If I had a dead body in my cabin, which we still do in v416T. I would personally want to get it the farg out of my house. So what would I do, probably burn it. Why? easiest method seeing ground is frozen.

The only other reason to bury a body would be if some note or some one else told me they wanted to be buried.

Then darn, we got a load of digging to do! Throw them in the deep freeze are until the ground thaws.

1 hour ago, L² said:

I know I have already contributed to this thread a small amount, but considering some of the recent posts, I want to chime back in again on a few points.  I want to preface these by saying that these are just my opinions and that if you take them and add 35¢, you will have exactly 35¢.

Body Burial

Sorry to those who want to say that they speak for everyone here, but you're only speaking for yourself, so please do not make blanket statements about nobody else caring about this topic. Survival is not just about the physical, it's also about surviving as a civilization (even if it is one person at a time).  Holding on to the concepts such as burying the dead (or burning them in the case of a permafrost environment) would be a step in that direction.  Civilization is not a block of concrete, it's a pile of stones held together by the bonds of a common goal or belief (not religious beliefs, rather more like that of the belief that we as a species can attain anything if we work together).  So in that vein, every single concept that we toss aside as not worth doing makes that civilization lesser that it was before.  So for me, this would be a great mechanic to include in the game and might even warrant the creation of a new Badge for Civilized Survival.  This might be added to more in Story Mode is how we deal with the various encounters we have along the way...but again, just my opinion.

Caches

@EternityTide, personally I think that would be a brilliant idea!  You should add that to the wish list topic (if you haven't already...or if it is already there and I have simply never seen it).

Storage On Dead Bodies

I have to say, I've never thought of doing this.  When I read that in one of the comments above I simultaneously thought, "Oh, that is an interesting thought" and "Store food on a corpse...no way".  Again, these are just my opinions, but I would say if it can be done, then it's a mechanism the devs left there for folks to use, however, as far as it being a civil activity, I think it would count against me.

------

Please note that I am not picking on anyone here, just stating my thoughts on this.  I'm sure I will catch some flames over them, but hey, can I use that as a fire source? :)

Well, for the History ) .

On 5/27/2017 at 3:26 PM, L² said:

It is an interesting idea.  I would be more inclined towards the "burn the bodies" methodology since the burying concept would be seasonally restrictive and it would mean implementing a digging tool which does not currently exist (to the best of my knowledge).

There's a shovel already built into the game, but without a glitch or mod you can't get it.  It's on the title screen.  If you get a glitched save you appear on the title screen.  There you can pick up the shovel.  It's entirely useless however.

10 hours ago, L² said:

Caches

Caches have been mentioned in the past. Thanks. Here are two posts on the subject:

On 5/29/2017 at 6:44 AM, EricTheGreat12 said:

I'm done trying to make sense out of you, it's not worth for me to waste time with someone that makes no sense and who keeps on repeating the same gibberish over and over again. 

Hey.. he's trying.. I'd bet your Russian is a lot worse than his English. Cut the guy some slack.

Archived