AlexandraRussia

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

I think it's a girl .... ;)

You're probably right..

As for the subject in question, I've had a good number of friends ask if I'm able to get rid of the body in the Camp Office. Seems the idea of living with a corpse bothers some people, for some weird reason.

12 minutes ago, JAFO said:

As for the subject in question, I've had a good number of friends ask if I'm able to get rid of the body in the Camp Office. Seems the idea of living with a corpse bothers some people, for some weird reason.

I wonder why...

Just kidding, actually I'm one of those who feel uncomfortable living with corpses. It's like I'm always remembered that my time will come... soon...
Well, maybe I could meet the guy in heaven and become friends.

If anything, corpses become useful landmarks to me in the game in its present state. Eventually they just blend into the background and I stop seeing them. I just walk straight past them. Once I've looted them, they are of no use to me, so a means of getting rid wouldn't be unwelcome.
I also find that they tend to clutter the place up and make an otherwise orderly home rather messy (I find myself clearing out the pillows and old bedrolls in the trailers because I can't stand the mess).
I frequently clear places out and reorder them so that the next time I return, I can grab what I need and hit the road again, and corpses just get in the way of that kind of thing.

Hello , of course I'm a girl ) , named something understandable ) ,just be honest at the sight of a corpse, the sadness of what is coming, for me not understandable reasons ,and also places can be more when the body of the unfortunate even as it made land . well at the very least fire , just for peace of mind ).

On 5/28/2017 at 10:55 AM, AlexandraRussia said:

Well, you see , that is not nice to live in the place where the corpse lies , just wound sad thought , but if for example this is the only place where you can normal and live in peace, and many will want to bury the poor man , or, in extreme cases to burn .

I do like this idea, but it's hard to picture a way of implementing it that doesn't give it more attention that it deserves. :\ When I play Mafia 3 I usually move dead bodies out of the street, etc, just because it makes me feel a little better. 

If there were a generic way to move large objects, such as constructing a sled and placing items on it, then you could make the corpse interactive so that you could place it on the sled and move it into a cave or something. Maybe you could do something else symbolic with the corpses, like cooking up a cup of tea and placing in in the body container.

I like the idea of at least having an option to move a dead human body at least from view. Not sure if a body can be moved from one cell to another, ie interior to exterior in game as thats a tough mechanic. But maybe even putting it into a locker or barrel? or box? or put into a sack and tied up? or even the ability to cover it with a sheet or blanket.

I am not sure i would really wish to try to bury a body outside as the ground is frozen but maybe just buried under a snow drift, kind of out of sight, out of mind. Or just placed away from where i wanna be and allow a blizzard to hide it?.

If you study Mount Everest there sadly are lots of frozen mountain climbers still sat frozen in place and likely will be for a long long time as they are kind of mummified from the incredibly cold temperature. They perish soooo slowly. The deer corpses and animals in the game that die would vanish due to other creatures feeding on their still fairly fresh bodies that haven't completely frozen solid, or just buried under a blizzards snow fall.

So, in my opinion i would just drag a body out of a cabin and dump it behind a tree. Sounds a bit heartless but i am lost with very little to survive in a frozen world. I would not really have a lot of time to ceremonially bury or discard a corpse with much care. But i would want it out of a cabin or hut where i am sleeping and using as a temporary base. 

I think if this was seriously considered as a future addition to the game it needs to be in both sandbox and main story because its a mechanic that would benefit both and there would be no need or reason to set it up for only one of those options. Might just as well allow people to bury or hide a body in both modes. :) or reason

On 2017-5-28 at 6:33 PM, shade_grey said:

As for the Camp Office guy... he's an idiot. How could he die inside of a building with food, medical supplies, and firewood? I wanna be able to drag his idiot corpse out of the building and dispose of it.

LOL +1

I actually came to this forum after Googling around for how to get rid of the corpse in the Camp Office.  It's actually a pretty jarring break from the otherwise commendable realism.  Why wouldn't I move it? Why is it frozen when the place is usually above zero?  Every time I walk past George I'm reminded that the only reason he's still there because it's a video game and my character is not allowed to move him.

On 5/28/2017 at 7:45 AM, EricTheGreat12 said:

This should be implemented into story mode, as it has a strong emotional aspect to it.This won't be put into Sandbox Mode; why should I care about those bodies, they mean nothing to the player...

I've had the bad experience of being around a body in real life and now even in games....I can't stand corpses.  I want the option to remove them from dwellings, and the option to bury, implemented.

On 5/28/2017 at 11:55 PM, AlexandraRussia said:

Well, you see , that is not nice to live in the place where the corpse lies , just wound sad thought , but if for example this is the only place where you can normal and live in peace, and many will want to bury the poor man , or, in extreme cases to burn .

This is a good reason.

On 5/28/2017 at 5:14 AM, Mel Guille said:

An interesting idea. How are you imagining this would look in the game?

@Mel Guille
To implement body removal and burial I suggest the following:
After searching a body that is indoors, when you click on it a text dialogue box opens that gives you options to 'search' or 'move to outside.'
Search just opens inventory.
Select 'move to outside' and the screen fades to black (like sleep screen) and you hear the player making noise like lifting something heavy and complaining about the weight...a few seconds pass and the screen fades back in (again, similar to sleep screen) and the body is no longer inside. If you go outside, the body is there in the snow, with nothing in inventory.

To bury a body that is outdoors after searching it, you must have a shovel in your inventory (needs to be added to game but I've seen the shovel model on the game's main menu screen).  You click on the body and get either 'search' or 'bury' options.

If you select 'bury' the screen dialogue shows how much time it will take to complete the task (probably 2 ~ 3 hours) and the amount of calories that are estimated to be expended, and "Bury Body" or "Cancel" options.
After clicking Bury Body the screen blurs the same as it would for animal harvesting and other activities with the option given to cancel should the weather turn foul.
Once the task of burying is complete the snow will be pile a bit higher there and simply becomes a part of the landscape that cannot be interacted with.

On 5/29/2017 at 0:48 PM, piddy3825 said:

I use him for storage...

This should cause food items to become spoiled and clothing to become cursed (just kidding :P )

On 06.06.2017 at 9:26 PM, Vulp said:

+1 to burning corpses

"I though we laughed at dead people we sat on fire"  (с) Archer

Please do not fill the game with things the voices in your head tell you to do. It's a survival game, not FiM cartoon. There's a lot of dead people on the Everest. Wonder why they are still there? Because no one want to risk their life  bringing them down.

Btw do you know how many cubic meters  of wood is required to cremate a dead body? Are you expecting to burn the corpse with he help of two cedar wood pieces and a stick?

I urge developers not to foll the game with features that are really contrary to the spirit of the game.

49 minutes ago, LeeHarveyOslik said:

"I though we laughed at dead people we sat on fire"  (с) Archer

Please do not fill the game with things the voices in your head tell you to do. It's a survival game, not FiM cartoon. There's a lot of dead people on the Everest. Wonder why they are still there? Because no one want to risk their life  bringing them down.

Btw do you know how many cubic meters  of wood is required to cremate a dead body? Are you expecting to burn the corpse with he help of two cedar wood pieces and a stick?

I urge developers not to foll the game with features that are really contrary to the spirit of the game.

yes all they (HS) need to do is make sure the dead body is not in any house that we have to live in.

Another idea is if we find a dead body outside, we get to place a stone marker or wooden cross of some sort? or even a food offering of some sort?

On 5/28/2017 at 3:44 PM, EricTheGreat12 said:

I'm done trying to make sense out of you, it's not worth for me to waste time with someone that makes no sense and who keeps on repeating the same gibberish over and over again. 

Would you just chill? English isn't the only language in the world, man. this kind of random hostility deserves no place on these forums.

As for the topic, +1. I believe this has been discussed before, and in conclusion everyone agreed that it would be cool to consume some materials like cloth and wood for some amount of hours, then the body disappears and is replaced by a wooden cross out back of the building. all the assets are already there, in that regard (the crosses out front of the trappers cabin :) )

1 hour ago, Tbone555 said:

Would you just chill? English isn't the only language in the world, man. this kind of random hostility deserves no place on these forums.

As for the topic, +1. I believe this has been discussed before, and in conclusion everyone agreed that it would be cool to consume some materials like cloth and wood for some amount of hours, then the body disappears and is replaced by a wooden cross out back of the building. all the assets are already there, in that regard (the crosses out front of the trappers cabin :) )

huh everyone agreed? who is everyone. but yeah the idea sounds good. either that or have a bonfire.

5 hours ago, Dirmagnos said:

"Everyone" is like 4 people that took significant part in those conversations.

Well yeah, that's about the gist of it. by "everyone" I meant the folks that were taking an active part in the topic. it was a pretty big topic, it had several pages of posts if I'm not mistaken. just thought it was relevant

I vote for at least an option to carry an indoor human corpse to the outside. It should take a lot of effort, decent player stats, and an empty backpack. For some players this may be a moral choice (as the heated pro/contra discussion above suggests), but for me it would make the game more realistic. If I select a building as a home base and make frequent fires there a corpse would be a health hazard, so I would carry it outside as soon as I am able to.

I also don't like the mechanic that allows you to use an outdoor human corpse as storage. For me this is more about immersion than anything else. Once you search a corpse it should be "locked".

I find it totally unrealistic that I can drop meat in front of cabin doors (or anywhere else), and no wolf or bear will come and take it. On the one hand, wolves are attracted to me because I carry meat, yet when I dump it in front of my cabin they don't take it.

I would however like more "wildlife-safe" containers near cabins and houses. I think that would be realistic in quite a few locations e.g cabins near fishing lakes, as they would have these containers in real life.

3 hours ago, geoworld said:

I find it totally unrealistic that I can drop meat in front of cabin doors (or anywhere else), and no wolf or bear will come and take it. On the one hand, wolves are attracted to me because I carry meat, yet when I dump it in front of my cabin they don't take it.

Because unlike the player, a piece of meat cannot walk near wolf/bear areas. If your location is far from animals then your meat doesn't hold any sent of attraction with any of the animals. 

3 hours ago, geoworld said:

If I select a building as a home base and make frequent fires there a corpse would be a health hazard, so I would carry it outside as soon as I am able to.

What present game mehanic makes bodies a health hazard? If you're talking in terms of fire, doesn't make much sense either as all of the current fire places are in  closed stoves and the bodies are far from them. 

The only argument I've been reading is that the dead bodies are "morally disturbing" and you should be able to move/remove them. 

So, his being dead in his own house puts you off. That has what to do with morals? Easing guilt = undisturbed morality? Out of sight, out of morals? In this sense, I think it's more moral to leave him there and feel gratitude each and every day you make use of his unused life.

Perhaps it's best to say the sight of corpses offends sensibilities? This would be at least comprehensible, but those words wouldn't carry the same political weight which in turn would make the idea much more what it is in reality; another subjective request or desire of which there is no shortage on the forum. It's much more difficult to argue against such claims of morality, but that is not the case here. The corpses in the game most assuredly died from exposure, starvation or some other quite morally benign event; there is nothing immoral in starvation of succumbing to exposure. Nor is there anything morally wrong in taking a dead man's boots; they are clearly done with them and leaving them won't bring anyone back. I suspect that the overwhelming majority of the dead wouldn't object. :)

Removal/disposal of corpses is an idea, but let's not conflate it with morality.

If one wants morality, consider the killing of large numbers of animals so one can extend their pathetic, lonely, short and most assuredly doomed in-game life. :(

Archived