Desolation Point Connection

Hi. I've been thinking if any of you share the same thoughts about this. I think Desolation Point is a small region, possible too small for the game. I loved when I first played the game and my first spawn was in Desolation Point, but when I did research and continued to play, I found out how small it is. It has hidden gems like the cave by the waterfall, but seems to lack houses that it would need to support people working at Hibernia. This is why I propose a way to work your way across the broken bridge and continue up the large road marked on the Great Bear Island map, perhaps going to a town site four or five houses larger than the rural town site, with a school house, gas station, and restaurant. I'd love suggestions on how all of this could be done from you guys if you'd oblige me. Also, Does anyone know if the only mods allowed for TLD are language mods, and if not, would anyone be interested in making a mod that adds condition %, calories, and feels like temperature back to the tab overlay. Thanks much.

1 hour ago, ThePenguinBusinessman said:

Hi. I've been thinking if any of you share the same thoughts about this. I think Desolation Point is a small region, possible too small for the game. I loved when I first played the game and my first spawn was in Desolation Point, but when I did research and continued to play, I found out how small it is. It has hidden gems like the cave by the waterfall, but seems to lack houses that it would need to support people working at Hibernia. This is why I propose a way to work your way across the broken bridge and continue up the large road marked on the Great Bear Island map, perhaps going to a town site four or five houses larger than the rural town site, with a school house, gas station, and restaurant. I'd love suggestions on how all of this could be done from you guys if you'd oblige me. Also, Does anyone know if the only mods allowed for TLD are language mods, and if not, would anyone be interested in making a mod that adds condition %, calories, and feels like temperature back to the tab overlay. Thanks much.

Modding has been asked multiple times by members of community, which signifies the fact that the only mods on the Steam workshop are language mods. Hinterland has not released any resources, so unless you can 'break the code', it would be  impossible to change stats in game.

Once Story Mode comes out, I would be welcome to a new big region being put between the story Mode regions and Desolation Point. Perhaps 2 connecting transition regions and 1 big final region. According to the island map they sent out there is no planned region, although I wouldn't see why not (perhaps it's to make things more difficult? )

Keep in mind that not all regions are meant to be 100% habitable. Desolation Point is my least favourite map, yet it still has a certain charm to it. If you add houses, it just won't be the same.

On 5/26/2017 at 11:38 AM, Lovehandel said:

There is a bunkhouse at the plant. Outside housing would not be needed. This is very common in remote areas.

Thanks, I guess the usage of that slipped my mind for a bit. Also, Eric, your commentary about the idea of connecting regions to the Story Mode areas makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Archived