Unrealistic carrying water

Misuke

I probably writted something wrong in title but this is so UNREALISTIC.

So we are starting with some water ok but...we can have just 10L and even more of water O_o

We have that big bottle that we can carry that much water or what?:S

This is little strange that now i saw this not earlier but back to the topic this is unrealistic how we can have 10L or more we must have few of those pots and they are big so they dont fit on bag

(well we can have rifle,hatchet,many clothes and many other items that in real dont fit on bag but screw this)what you think about this?Its Unrealistic and it will be better if this will be changed.

My idea in space of water is that we can increase water space that we can carry is taking those water in bottle for example (we are taking water in bottle with 0.50L.when we take this we can carry 0.50L water more.I think its not good idea but its everything i have in my head :/

I don't have a problem with things not being completely realistic. There is no way to balance the game to make a million people happy and keep it realistic. Too realistic would make it boring and no realism would make it more difficult to lose yourself in.

I always look at water bottles as simply an avatar for whatever I imagine I am carrying it in.

It's no different than lamp oil. These containers magically appear when you cook fish or harvest a lamp. The containers to me are just a way of showing me how much I have and how much it weighs.

16 hours ago, Lovehandel said:

I don't have a problem with things not being completely realistic. There is no way to balance the game to make a million people happy and keep it realistic. Too realistic would make it boring and no realism would make it more difficult to lose yourself in.

I always look at water bottles as simply an avatar for whatever I imagine I am carrying it in.

It's no different than lamp oil. These containers magically appear when you cook fish or harvest a lamp. The containers to me are just a way of showing me how much I have and how much it weighs.

I know Too realistic will make game boring but i just saw this and i thinked that could be changed but i dont wanna everything unrealistic should be changed i writted here

On 20.05.2017 at 4:43 PM, Misuke said:

I probably writted something wrong in title but this is so UNREALISTIC.

So we are starting with some water ok but...we can have just 10L and even more of water O_o

This is little strange that now i saw this not earlier but back to the topic this is unrealistic how we can have 10L or more we must have few of those pots and they are big so they dont fit on bag

(well we can have rifle,hatchet,many clothes and many other items that in real dont fit on bag but screw this)what you think about this?Its Unrealistic and it will be better if this will be changed.

in real i think in bag could fit just rifle and hatchet +some clothes and some bandages but it were just boring :/

PS.One day at night i were tired and i got idea that i thinked its good but then i saw this when i haved energy i cant believed i thinked its good >_<

Okay thats all what i have to say about this what you writted.;)

On 2017-05-20 at 10:43 AM, Misuke said:

Never mind that. We also have an invisible pot to boil that water in. I think there comes a time when we must realize that after all this is a game, and for a game to be fun and challenging, sometimes realtiy has to suffer. Just a wee bit in TLD, and a heck of a whole lot in most games. .

Thanks for the poll @SteveP

I voted. I'm also one of the folks inclined to think that a 0.5 kg 1L pot and a few (8?) of those reusable, squash-able 500 mL water bottles should be included as either starting gear or that you can keep the empty PET water bottles cause they weigh practically nothing. Just squeeze and wrinkle them up, cap em, and throw em in your ruck sack for later use ;)

Regarding the oddness of large objects in backpacks, have you thought that potentially large objects such as the rifle/prybar/bow/hatchet/etc are strapped onto the outside of the bag? That's how I have always viewed it.

Regarding water, finding containers would be nice, but also craftable waterskins would be an interesting addition. But you should start each game with a plastic 0.5l bottle, just to make things easier - but then make this a fixed part of the inventory until it can be switched out with an alternative.

Interesting idea... might be cool to have to find a canteen or something to carry water in, and you'd be limited to how much water you can carry by the size of the container. And maybe you could craft a larger water bag out of deer hide & guts or something. But really i prefer to just create unlimited amounts of water and have bottles magically appear to contain it. :)

Archived