suggestions : dress those naked hands + add recipients + new difficulty (please :p)

Athoen

Hello all, here are my suggestions, I did not read all the post done before, so some might have been discussed already...

-First person view : why naked hands ? It would really add to immersion if the gloves equiped were seen.

- Recipient : I think it is weird that we cannot harvest the oil from a lantern if there is no jerrycan is in the inventory while lantern oil can be harvested when cooking a fish

It would be better if the empty recipient had to be found and filled (an would remain in the game once emptied)

Same thing about water. Where do all the plastic bottles come from ? :P

The could be trash can / recycle bins in the buildings/picninc areas that would give such loot.

- intermediate difficulty between voyager and stalker ("ranger" ?):

I found that there is to much loot on voyageur, but to much wolves on stalker. I would enjoy a mix of both : stalker loot (and survival rules like parasites)  with voyager wildlife. I moderatly enjoy crouching again and again...

And something else :

Please allow us to remove a dead person corpse from within a safe house (wouldn't be too difficult to cover someone with snow just outside)

I can hardly accept the idea a sleeping 10-20 days in a place with a dead body a few meters away (camp office for example)

This could actually give an achivement (grave digger/maker) based upopn the number of people we bury) and influence karma :

- robbing a grave (like at trapper's homestead) : negative value

- making a new grave  : positive value (the more time is taken to male the grave, the more point would be received : simple snow grave, Or covering the body with wood, rocks, add a religious symbol...)

1 hour ago, Athoen said:

I think it is weird that we cannot harvest the oil from a lantern if a no jerrycan is in the inventory, but lantern oil can be harvested while cooking a fish

This. Totally.

1 hour ago, Athoen said:

It would be better if the empty recipient had to be found and filled (an would remain in the game once emptied)

The could be trash can / recycle bins in the buildings/picninc areas that would give such loot.

No. Just no.

14 hours ago, Athoen said:

- Recipient : I think it is weird that we cannot harvest the oil from a lantern if there is no jerrycan is in the inventory while lantern oil can be harvested when cooking a fish

+1 it bothers me a lot how water recipients can simply pop out of nowhere. If the character actually finds empty bottles around to fill with water as imagined, I don't see why we can't have it actually in the game.

1 hour ago, ArcherAC3 said:

Care to elaborate why? :) 

Believe me, I'm bemused by the incongruity of it too.. but it would be hugely handicapping to players who like to stockpile supplies. It would force them into a playstyle they don't enjoy.

And what happens if the RNG decides it hates you one day, and you can't find any bottles?

2 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Believe me, I'm bemused by the incongruity of it too.. but it would be hugely handicapping to players who like to stockpile supplies. It would force them into a playstyle they don't enjoy.

And what happens if the RNG decides it hates you one day, and you can't find any bottles?

simple, make one out of rabbit skin.

2 minutes ago, Docterrok said:

simple, make one out of rabbit skin.

While you burn through matches at a ridiculous rate, because you can only store 0.5 of a litre of water, in the one bottle you had on you when you spawned... I'll pass.

3 minutes ago, JAFO said:

While you burn through matches at a ridiculous rate, because you can only store 0.5 of a litre of water, in the one bottle you had on you when you spawned... I'll pass.

maybe he/she was in an aquifina plane when it crashed.

As I said in my original post

1) existing bottles could be reused

2) some empty ones could be looted in the world (some new places like garbage/trash could pop just for that

I do not mean to add a difficulty but to add some immersion. As I see it, emtpy recipients shouldn't be hard to find

In terms of bottles, there should be plenty of those around, especially on shore.

I think that conventional .33ml bottles should be abundant, 1l bottles a bit rarer. 2l bottles could be relatively rare and big water jugs to be rarest of them all. And all of them could be added to list of items that can potentially wash ashore.

They could also be salvaged for plastic for crafting and used as fuel, but as result render fire unusable for cooking.

Archived