Is food poisoning worth the calories?

Wasteland Watcher

If you have found 2000 calories worth of food but it is all rotten, would you take it back to your camp and eat it under the following circumstances?

• Your shelter has a two week supply of water.
  • You have enough frozen meat outside to last two weeks.

Finally, can food poisoning kill you?

Last year (prior implementation of cabin fever) I got food poisoning a few times but I always just stayed in bed drinking water until it passed.

Maybe not the food poisoning but when cabin fever starts then you will need to sleep outdoors in a cave otherwise exhaustion will kill you.  If, for when an early morning blizzard hits, you have the bear bedroll or camp fire you should survive for the two weeks.

I have set up a buffet of spoiled food and you are certainly invited to stay for supper.

screen_6cf2c42f-bf76-4018-9239-88ad613217aa_hi.thumb.png.b370d46ddc0ab3536db3519b96b98746.png

Actually that was false statement.  The crackers don't spoil and the MRE is good for another 1400 days give or take a week.

What level of play: Voyager, Stalker, Interloper?

I died with food poisoning once, but I was also losing condition for other reasons as well.  You drop condition fast with food poisoning, but if start at 100%, and you're warm, hydrated and not starving you should be ok.... but no, I see no reason to salvage that food.  Leave it.  You've got two weeks to get more.

On 5/19/2017 at 10:18 AM, Farrgin Ice Hole said:

Maybe not the food poisoning but when cabin fever starts then you will need to sleep outdoors in a cave otherwise exhaustion will kill you.  If, for when an early morning blizzard hits, you have the bear bedroll or camp fire you should survive for the two weeks.

I have set up a buffet of spoiled food and you are certainly invited to stay for supper.

screen_6cf2c42f-bf76-4018-9239-88ad613217aa_hi.thumb.png.b370d46ddc0ab3536db3519b96b98746.png

Actually that was false statement.  The crackers don't spoil and the MRE is good for another 1400 days give or take a week.

What level of play: Voyager, Stalker, Interloper?

Great pic ha ha ha :D

Though it looks tempting I think I should decline the invitation for the sake of my survivor's health!

I always play Voyageur :)

It's good to know that crackers don't spoil. I was not aware of that. Thanks! 

Archived