bunkers

Trixie

More than likely. The bunkers are randomly generated across multiple different spawns in each region. Perhaps there won't be one in the new region(s) we are getting in Wintermute, but we know that we start in Mystery Lake, which has a bunker in it same as all the other preexisting regions. Perhaps one of the goals in the story is to locate a/the bunker. We see all those flashing monitors in the trailer and my first instinct is that all that stuff in underground. I've been wrong before though :)

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Do the bunkers even exist in Pilgrim level?

I've searched all over ML and PV, going by the maps made by Whiteberry, and have yet to find the first one.

I'm new to this game so maybe I'm missing something.

G'day @Hawk, and welcome to the forums!

Yes, the bunkers do exist in Pilgrim mode. Keep searching, is all I can say.

1 minute ago, Hawk said:

Could it be there in a slightly different place in 423 than when the maps were made?

I believe one or two have moved a little since Whiteberry made her maps.. but most should still match up. They aren't always easy to spot though.. a slight rise or some object such as a log can easily hide them from view.

11 hours ago, JAFO said:

I believe one or two have moved a little since Whiteberry made her maps.. but most should still match up. They aren't always easy to spot though.. a slight rise or some object such as a log can easily hide them from view.

Since 423 i played 7 games and found bunkers in 5 of them. All of them were in same places as before, at least in ML.

1 hour ago, Dirmagnos said:

Since 423 i played 7 games and found bunkers in 5 of them. All of them were in same places as before, at least in ML.

When I said "moved a little" I mean by 5-10 metres.. there were one or two that had to be relocated a touch, due to changes in the rock formations.

3 hours ago, Hawk said:

So they don't always spawn in every game?

They do spawn in every game (one in ML, one in PV [as well as another bunker in PV that's always there and always in the same place]).. but on 2 of his 7 games, he didn't find them.

21 hours ago, Hawk said:

Ah! So all the bunkers shown on the maps I've seen by Whiteberry and others don't always spawn, but only one randomly spawns per game, except as you noted; possibly two in PV.

Now I get it and would explain why I can't find any. I haven't looked in all locations. Just some of them. I just haven't found the one spawn yet.

There are 2 maps where bunkers spawn, ML and PV. Each of those maps have multiple locations where bunker may spawn. Each of those maps is guaranteed to spawn one bunker(per map) at one of those locations(selected randomly). In addition to that, PV also have static bunker near exit to TM, that is always there.

So in total, per game(across all maps), you can find 3 bunkers - 1 in ML(random location) and 2 in PV(random location and static location).

Also location of bunker determines it loot. Its fixed depending on what bunker you find. There are tools bunker, food bunker, weapons bunker and one more(i dont remember type, meds i think). So player would know quality of loot that he will get even before he enters bunker, just by finding it at "right" location. Tools and weapons are probably best, with meds being slightly behind and food bunkers are usually most worthless ones, as by the time you find bunker, youre set in terms of food and water. While finding up to 2 rifles with 30+ rounds and several cleaning kits is far better than week worth of canned food.

Archived