Please tell me about patch changes since August 2016

Wasteland Watcher

I took a 9 month break from TLD and returned a week ago.
Three things different now I am very curious about.

• I noticed that, thankfully, Hinterland fixed the fire brand's super loud sound effects glitch that occurred when "chain lighting" fires with the brand and then taking a brand from the new fire. I was reading through past patch notes but didn't see it listed at all. Can anyone refer me to the link for the patch that fixed it?
  • Also, in PV and TWM not all but many vegetables have regrown. Cattails, rosehips, and shrooms are once again plentiful in PV and TWM.  When did that happen? Do plants periodically regrow now?
  • On TWM there is now only one route up the mountain--the counter-clockwise route. All the other climbing ropes are just gone. When did that happen?

For reference, this is all on my main Voyageur Sandbox game. Thanks to any who can share some info with me

8 minutes ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

Also, in PV and TWM not all but many vegetables have regrown. Cattails, rosehips, and shrooms are once again plentiful in PV and TWM.  When did that happen? Do plants periodically regrow now?

This happened when one (or maybe both) of the last updates dropped.  It was just a side effect, plants still do not regrow.

9 minutes ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

On TWM there is now only one route up the mountain--the counter-clockwise route. All the other climbing ropes are just gone. When did that happen?

I thought it had always been this way.  You have to take that route the first time you go up, but can still deploy the rope that will allow for the much shorter journey to the top the next time.  If you had a rope deployed in one of your saves, it might have been reset from one of the updates too.

16 minutes ago, Timber Wolf said:

This happened when one (or maybe both) of the last updates dropped.  It was just a side effect, plants still do not regrow.

I thought it had always been this way.  You have to take that route the first time you go up, but can still deploy the rope that will allow for the much shorter journey to the top the next time.  If you had a rope deployed in one of your saves, it might have been reset from one of the updates too.

Thanks for the answers.
Did they list in the patch notes about the plants being regrown as a side effect or that ropes would be removed?

I had actually relocated some ropes so there was both the counter-clockwise route as well as the faster, direct route that was basically straight out from the door of the Mountaineer's Hut. 
Those ropes are gone...

Maybe they were reset to their original locations...?

Just now, Patrick Carlson said:

From your description, @Wasteland Watcher, it sounds like you've seen some side effects of the being away so long between versions. Part of our work to update the save system is meant to increase the stability of saved games so we see fewer issues like this. Glad you've returned in any case!

Thanks very much, Patrick, glad to be back :)

Some good news to report is that previous my absence I was having an issue that if I was in PV and opened any outdoor container (car trunk, backpack, etc.) there was a 50% chance my game would CTD.
On of the updates definitely fixed that because there hasn't been a single crash since I came back a week ago ^_^  Please extend my thanks to your coding team -- I really appreciate it!

Question on side effects -- At TWM, were climbing ropes reset to default locations as well?

12 minutes ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

Did they list in the patch notes about the plants being regrown as a side effect or that ropes would be removed?

I don't think this is in the notes, but I remember it being discussed.  I've been in the test branches too, so I can't really remember when exactly that stuff happened.  I found on the .364 thread some people talking about the fishing huts getting reset.  But it's going to be a moot point soon anyway, because when the next update is released you will have to start all news games, as they won't be compatible.

I had a problem with ropes on the update that introduced skills, but I found them all back where they'd started.  I didn't actually lose any, except the one that I found in the hut.  But I wouldn't have been able to state under oath that there had actually been one there. :) And that save was wonky too.

Archived