Long Time Player Disturbed

Gabbysdad

I have played The Long Dark off and on for along time, Then I heard something that should not be in then game, because young children play this game tool. I was doing great and then I fell though the ice, and that is when I head my gay my say it, He took my Lords name in vain he said the GD word, I believe that word should not be in the game, That is the only word I have heard that makes me mad, Please in your next update get  rid of it, I love playing this game but I don't like hearing my Lords name in vain.

43 minutes ago, Gabbysdad said:

I have played The Long Dark off and on for along time, Then I heard something that should not be in then game, because young children play this game tool. I was doing great and then I fell though the ice, and that is when I head my gay my say it, He took my Lords name in vain he said the GD word, I believe that word should not be in the game, That is the only word I have heard that makes me mad, Please in your next update get  rid of it, I love playing this game but I don't like hearing my Lords name in vain.

I disagree...falling through ice when your in the negative temperature zones is a death sentence. Most people would say worse than that IRL. If that's your biggest complaint, just don't walk on thin ice.

Instead of trying to police your religious beliefs, maybe you should work on your grammar. I had to read your statement 3+ times and it almost hurt my head trying to understand what you were saying...

2 hours ago, Gabbysdad said:

:D 9_9

@Gabbysdad Welcome to the forums.   I'm sorry to see people are beating up on you because of your preferences... usually these forums are pretty civil.

On topic, I can think of two workarounds that will let you play the game with without speech you find offensive being an issue.  

First, play as a female character.  As far as I can remember she doesn't use GD, and possibly no other harsh language either.

Second option (and the reason I don't remember the exact words she says) is to turn the speech off entirely.  I been running this way for months, simply because those phrases have becoming repetitive and boring for me.  Go to Options > Audio and set the Voice slider to 0%.

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, Gabbysdad said:

Welcome, @Gabbysdad. Thanks for your thoughts on The Long Dark's characterization. While we don't have any plans to change this aspect of the game audio, we respect your point of view and appreciate you sharing it with us. 

Archived