Something Odd I Noticed When I Returned to Timberwolf Mountain

I noticed upon loading my game after 6(?) months of not playing that a LOT of the climbing ropes are missing on Timberwolf Mountain. I know because I specifically relocated some to make a more direct route to the summit that would allow to go up and down in one day and avoid a lot of the wildlife.

Were the ropes removed in a patch or something?

7 hours ago, Rock My Socks said:

If there was an update while you were away, it might have changed your world state. As far as I know the map or ropes haven't changed.

There were a few updates and I would read the update notes every time but I don't recall seeing anything about plants or the ropes being restored to their default state

It's an unintended consequence. For instance when clothing was added everything needed to be repopulated since the "old" loot tables that were rolled on generating a map were for clothes that no longer exists

1 hour ago, cekivi said:

It's an unintended consequence. For instance when clothing was added everything needed to be repopulated since the "old" loot tables that were rolled on generating a map were for clothes that no longer exists

I guess that's why we can re-loot some frozen corpses :) 
"Hmmm...how come I didn't notice that guy was wearing a baseball cap last time? Well...a little stinky maybe but he don't need it anymore. And whadaya know, nice fit!" :P

Interesting that the re-positioned climbing ropes all got moved though. (In my sandbox they did anyhow)
I wonder when the Wipe is coming?

Archived