HInterland No Longer Communicating With Forum

Jolan

So - Hinterland stopped communicating with the Forum, there isn't even an announcement about the Storymode on here.  The pinned last announcement on the Forum was in December about the hotfix.  (not counting the countdown to the countdown which looks like it was added as an after thought)  Since they apparently abandoned the forums does anyone one know if they're planning on keeping it going and just not talking to us anymore?  Other than the occasional post? Or if they're planning on shutting this down as well?    

3 minutes ago, Jolan said:

So - Hinterland stopped communicating with the Forum, there isn't even an announcement about the Storymode on here.  The pinned last announcement on the Forum was in December about the hotfix.  (not counting the countdown to the countdown which looks like it was added as an after thought)  Since they apparently abandoned the forums does anyone one know if they're planning on keeping it going and just not talking to us anymore?  Other than the occasional post? Or if they're planning on shutting this down as well?  

How about this post about the test branch and next update?

@Jolan  I find plenty of posts from @admin and @Patrick Carlson in the activity feed, but there's an easy way to make sure you aren't missing their communications if you don't have the time to watch the forum:

1. Go to each of their profile pages (http://www.hinterlandforums.com/index.php?/profile/13640-admin/content. http://www.hinterlandforums.com/index.php?/profile/24495-patrick-carlson/content/)
  2. Click the +Follow Member button in the profile header (a little ways down the page)

Then just check your notifications when you visit the forums.

4 hours ago, Jolan said:

I am really not sure why you have been left with this impression.

For the story mode news, we had decided to use the new website -- www.thelongdark.com -- as the main point of contact for the news. Now that we are a few days out from that, I'd be happy to look into whether or not we can display the info more prominently on the forum. Thanks for your feedback. 

6 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

,,,look into whether or not we can display the info more prominently on the forum...

Because exactly that.  The most recent pinned announcement is now six months old.

EDIT: Also the change logs have not been maintained since nearly forever ago.

6 hours ago, Ruruwawa said:

@Jolan  I find plenty of posts from @admin and @Patrick Carlson in the activity feed, but there's an easy way to make sure you aren't missing their communications if you don't have the time to watch the forum:

1. Go to each of their profile pages (http://www.hinterlandforums.com/index.php?/profile/13640-admin/content. http://www.hinterlandforums.com/index.php?/profile/24495-patrick-carlson/content/)
  2. Click the +Follow Member button in the profile header (a little ways down the page)

Then just check your notifications when you visit the forums.

Thanks for the tip. That's really useful. :) 

12 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

For the story mode news, we had decided to use the new website -- www.thelongdark.com -- as the main point of contact for the news. Now that we are a few days out from that, I'd be happy to look into whether or not we can display the info more prominently on the forum. Thanks for your feedback. 

I think it would also be extremely neat to do some spring cleaning here on the forums in general.  (Removing old announcements & news from the top of the thread-list by making them non-sticky). I'd appreciate that a lot for multiple subforums. Please let us know if we community mods could somehow help you in that regard,  Patrick. 

Thanks for the feedback! A something like a general forum tidy-up would probably be a good idea, as especially as we get closer to the official launch. It's something @Patrick Carlson and I have talked about a bit, but it's easy to get busy with other things. We'll try to resurrect that conversation and stick it back on the To-Do list.

On 5/16/2017 at 0:43 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

Simply putting a link on the page with that info is sufficient.  I got all excited to show my friends who are playstation folks the forum and the game and they're the ones that pointed out that there'd been no real update since December.  And then they wandered off.  I want them to be as excited as me.  But they left me worried that I was going to lose all this.

3 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

Thanks for the feedback! A something like a general forum tidy-up would probably be a good idea, as especially as we get closer to the official launch. It's something @Patrick Carlson and I have talked about a bit, but it's easy to get busy with other things. We'll try to resurrect that conversation and stick it back on the To-Do list.

Thanks!  I keep trying to interest non-steam folks in the game and the forum had previously been the best place to do that.

4 minutes ago, Jolan said:

Simply putting a link on the page with that info is sufficient.  I got all excited to show my friends who are playstation folks the forum and the game and they're the ones that pointed out that there'd been no real update since December.  And then they wandered off.  I want them to be as excited as me.  But they left me worried that I was going to lose all this.

And we appreciate that very much. When PS4 players get their hands on the game in August, we want to make sure we can be as welcoming as possible, as many of them will be jumping right into the deep end of pool without the chance for Steam Early Access or Xbox Game Preview on the other platforms. As we move out of the Early Access, we'll be keeping in mind the community experience for both new and returning players. Thanks again. 

On 5/17/2017 at 10:47 PM, Mel Guille said:

On the general topic of forum communication, would it be possible to have some kind of way of linking posts from members of the dev team on other platforms like Twitter or Facebook to a section of the forum?

As someone who doesn't use social media, I get all my information on the game from here, and more recently from thelongdark.com (is the mailing list for that up and running, by the way? I have never received anything from that source - even just an email notification of an update to the website would be good).

Some forum users have posted pictures or posts containing useful information or news, which wouldn't have made it here otherwise. I don't particularly want to start using Twitter, for example, but I feel I'm missing out on stuff in some cases.

yeah maybe a good idea, maybe not. Pretty much any site /developer could add dynamic twitter / facebook feeds to say the home template. Then again where and why? and will it break other features of the site?.

You can always click on one of the social icons to view more info on those social feeds. click one will take you to the info you seek lol.

social01.jpg.aea95b887fbebfe2361132d2969488da.jpg

• 1 month later...
On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 0:43 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

Patrick, it is imperative that you and Mel both read every single post, written by every single person, in every single thread within 30 seconds of each post being posted. You then have exactly 30 seconds to write up a well thought out response. Failure to do so will result in both of you having your birthdays taken away immediately and permanently. Also, I will be forced to kill and eat three unicorns every time you fail to comply with your terms of employment. This is your final warning and this is going on record in both your personel files. Now stand in the corner and hang your head in shame!

On 7/1/2017 at 0:51 AM, JoE Smash said:

Also, I will be forced to kill and eat three unicorns every time you fail to comply with your terms of employment.

Patrick, please fail to comply.. I'm sick to death of unicorns crapping on my lawn..

Archived