Info: Upcoming Test Branch, FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER Timeline, Save Wipe

Admin

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Test Branch should be live on Steam for **Windows PC**, with Mac and Linux builds coming soon. 

Instructions to get started are in this announcement, also pinned above: http://www.hinterlandforums.com/index.php?/announcement/12-the-long-dark-sandbox-may-2017-test-branch-opt-in-forum-password-spoilers/

Password to access the Test Branch subforums is included in there, as well as other important information. Thanks everyone!

Two more days in my game and I'll have the 'no guns' achievement. Then it's test branch baby! I'll only have one achievement left to get then, '200 days' which I'll try to get while playing 'Faithful Cartographer' and waiting for August 1st! :) Oh and 'Fire Master', I still don't have fire master yet either. That should be easy during 200 days. Getting Excited.

Edit: Got it! Silent Hunter. Now for test branch!

• 2 weeks later...

Darn. I have an interloper game at day 35. Nicely set up at rack rabbit island. Also just came back from DP with knife, axe, and 20 arrow heads...

Really was hoping to get to day 50 plus, and get me a wolf skin coat.... ><

Any way to keep playing without updating?

1 hour ago, Yolan said:

Good idea. OK, setting steam to offline mode. I got big hopes for this character. ;-)

You don't have to go dark just yet. @Raphael van Lierop's twitter feed gave "early next week" as the ETA for the main launch assuming no major problems/last minute bugs. You should be good until Sunday. 

Hi! :0 i wasnt sure where to ask and this seemed the most relevant topic to do so..so, when can i pleeease be able to play the new cartographer update? hehe. I watched someone on youtube test it and having seen the awesome changes i cant even now bring myself to play my current version as i love the new stuff!! i cant bare not seeing my hands on the rifle!! OMG! Now i fully understand i am not permitted to test this as a tester but i was really hoping to get a hint as to when this new cartographer update goes live to regular game owners. I was of the opinion it was late may but i fully understand that was just a guesstimate and with bug fixes there is never any set date. but..i am so excited!!!! i NEED it! lol

When when when?! I am constantly checking my steam to see a The Long dark update installing, its driving me crazy! :)

Also i have no way to know if he ever looks at these posts or gets any time to read them BUT i really wanted to say how incredibly thankful i am to him and the team for making this amazing game. I have patiently loved every moment and update and step towards their goal to complete this and provide a full game. Every update is so incredible and needed and the painstaking care and time they take to ensure the very best and more is given is just mind blowing. I really have this at the top of my gaming list and almost find myself a little tearful each time a sunrise occurs in-game and i look out across the beauty of its design. Thank you Hinterland and Raphael for giving me this joy. I wish i was on the team and able to provide positive criticism and ideas. But knowing so many do and its always listened to means the world to me.

one of your devoted followers, Crimson Foxx.

14 minutes ago, Crimson Foxx said:

Hi! :0 i wasnt sure where to ask and this seemed the most relevant topic to do so..so, when can i pleeease be able to play the new cartographer update? hehe. I watched someone on youtube test it and having seen the awesome changes i cant even now bring myself to play my current version as i love the new stuff!! i cant bare not seeing my hands on the rifle!! OMG! Now i fully understand i am not permitted to test this as a tester but i was really hoping to get a hint as to when this new cartographer update goes live to regular game owners. I was of the opinion it was late may but i fully understand that was just a guesstimate and with bug fixes there is never any set date. but..i am so excited!!!! i NEED it! lol

When when when?! I am constantly checking my steam to see a The Long dark update installing, its driving me crazy! :)

Any steam user can view test_builds, you just need to go your game properties > betas tab.

read more :

http://www.hinterlandforums.com/index.php?/announcement/12-the-long-dark-sandbox-may-2017-test-branch-opt-in-forum-password-spoilers/

6 minutes ago, Crimson Foxx said:

Many issues have been getting worked through in several different test version of the new update.  So, you could join the test branch if you want to play it now, or wait a few more days to play the public release.  I cannot say for sure how much longer the test branch will be open, but it in the past I think it's been a week after it closes before the public release comes out.

6 minutes ago, Crimson Foxx said:

i just checked and it asks for a access code. i get no option via properties under TLD to use or test betas :(

oh, i did. maybe restart your steam or something? verify files etc.

you should see this screen to select the test build option.

test-build.jpg.0b41a775e279c1e97f5cdcaf9d40fb1e.jpg

Archived