Info: Upcoming Test Branch, FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER Timeline, Save Wipe

Admin

Hello community,

We are in the final few days of preparing the next update, FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER, for the Test Branch. 

We are aiming to have the Test Branch updated by the end of this week.

As always, the Test Branch is an opt-in Steam branch that is full of spoilers. If you prefer to preserve the next update as a fresh experience, we recommend you wait for the full update release.

Our current estimates on FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER are that it will be ready by the end of May, but this depends on how the testing and finalization process goes. 

This "end of May" window should be considered a tentative, aspirational deadline.

We will provide ongoing progress reports and communicate final dates when we get closer.

Also, just a reminder, that with FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER, all current saves will be wiped. Profile data will be preserved, however, so all progress towards Feats, and all saved Journals, will continue to work.

Remember that the Test Branch is insulated from the Live Game so you will not be affected by the save wipe until the full update is released later this month.

SPOILERS: For more information about some of the features and content being added in FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER, refer to this recent dev diary post www.thelongdark.com

Thank you for your time.

- The Hinterland Team

• Admin locked and unlocked this topic
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, LonelySurvivor said:

I know the games on the main branch are going to be wiped when this hits release but if we join the test branch do the saves we have there carry over when it becomes the official branch?

no, all your progress, saves from the test branch will be gone with the full release (it is always like that to make sure not to mix things up) Therefore you normally shouldn't use a real savegame in the test branch but start a new one - this time it doesn't matter because your normal saves will be gone too.

8 hours ago, LonelySurvivor said:

I know the games on the main branch are going to be wiped when this hits release but if we join the test branch do the saves we have there carry over when it becomes the official branch?

To add to @MueckE's info above -- the test branch will be just like previous versions, in that your save games from the test build won't carry over to the eventual release build. Keeping them separate makes supporting the testing process cleaner, as we may update the test build one or more times before release. 

But the absolute last day for your "regular" save games will be when the public, release build version of the update goes live. 

5 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

But the absolute last day for your "regular" save games will be when the public, release build version of the update goes live. 

Will we get any advance notice of that, or will it just happen?

Cheers.

46 minutes ago, Mel Guille said:

The coming update has have a wide variety of graphical changes, including updates to the appearances of the environment, weather, user interface, and first person experience. To many of us on the team, the change feels quite dramatic.

I can't wait for this, the most important thing on the update imho. I wanna see all those subtle things.

14 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

The coming update has have a wide variety of graphical changes, including updates to the appearances of the environment, weather, user interface, and first person experience. To many of us on the team, the change feels quite dramatic.

Wheater ? I always imagine and request a wheater for lightning and thunder with big dark clouds. I'm sure it could match a lot with the feeling of insecurity we met sometimes. 

Edited : *Weather

On 15/05/2017 at 8:24 PM, admin said:

Hello community,

We are in the final few days of preparing the next update, FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER, for the Test Branch. 

We are aiming to have the Test Branch updated by the end of this week.

As always, the Test Branch is an opt-in Steam branch that is full of spoilers. If you prefer to preserve the next update as a fresh experience, we recommend you wait for the full update release.

Our current estimates on FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER are that it will be ready by the end of May, but this depends on how the testing and finalization process goes. 

This "end of May" window should be considered a tentative, aspirational deadline.

We will provide ongoing progress reports and communicate final dates when we get closer.

Also, just a reminder, that with FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER, all current saves will be wiped. Profile data will be preserved, however, so all progress towards Feats, and all saved Journals, will continue to work.

Remember that the Test Branch is insulated from the Live Game so you will not be affected by the save wipe until the full update is released later this month.

SPOILERS: For more information about some of the features and content being added in FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER, refer to this recent dev diary post www.thelongdark.com

Thank you for your time.

- The Hinterland Team

Is this preview going to be available on Xbox?

18 hours ago, Mel Guille said:

Great. I hope one of the changes include an higher resolution sky. I hate to look at the stars at night and feel that I have an eye condition. Sharp stars would be awesome.

Archived