Can eat ruined meats[cooked]

caro0103

Hello! I'm sorry for my english.

well, look this picture.

screen_cfa93f00-bf2e-40ae-8a07-106e16259b98.thumb.png.3e7faf6fe977dfbc91039ca1f10a23c4.png

Ruined Meat don't have space key.

screen_d5d2a712-96dc-4095-8fbc-76833321fbc5.thumb.png.9d712e1835e9457e0e078b653e2c4e83.png

Not Ruined Meat have space key.

this is problem.

If I search ruined meat and input space key, i can eat ruined meat.

6 hours ago, caro0103 said:

If I search ruined meat and input space key, i can eat ruined meat

so if i understand this correctly there is a glitch where you can eat the ruined meat (that being the 0% condition cooked meat). is that right? if so can you explain it in more detail? it sounds like you access it from the inventory by using some search mechanic (i dont really know how that mechanic works since i never use it, i just scroll down till i find what i am looking for). 

6 hours ago, caro0103 said:

well, look this picture.

Also just to help in the future, try storing your meat outside near the door rather than inside. being "refrigerated" in this manner they wont spoil as fast, and you wont have ruined meat or moldy meat until many days after you harvest the meat. You shouldn't have to worry about wolves eating your meat (they only seem to be attracted to meat that they see you drop).

hope this helps.

I have cooking level 5.
And meat is kept outdoors, but as time went by, there was meat that passed the expiration date and it was tested.
The most important thing is that you can eat old meat.

please look this youtube.

Going to try this with other foods.  I have a bunch of food that I am going to leave indoors and spoil.  The ruined feast is nearly complete and it is starting to stink up the place.

screen_afd78de4-2aed-47cb-bd07-06c717353a73_hi.thumb.png.bf03c9ce97638606a2beb5601c60fddb.png

Still looking for: Salty Crackers, Small Mouth Bass, Lake Whitefish, raw Rainbow Trout, raw Coho, raw Rabbit, raw Venison, Bear, Wolf.

You can drop any ruined food and picking it up has the space bar option to consume it.

Usually you don't get food poisoning....

Soda, bear, all the fish, sardines, energy bars, granola bars, peanut butter...all of it.

There's nothing quite like 0% 200-day old fish... yum....

The catering is starting to become harder than I first anticipated.  Figured I would round up all the perishable foods and wait until all is ruined.  It has become a challenge now.

The cans of pop I knew would take awhile to become ruined but the MRE is the worst.  According to the wikia food decay pop has 0.833 %/day outside and the MRE is the slowest at 0.056 %/day inside.  So now I take a hike up TWM. Try and find MRE and some pops,  Looking for an MRE with 1% or less (currently have MRE at 85% and waiting 1500 days is not going to happen) because that would take 20 days or so to ruin.  And how come crackers don't spoil?

edit

Lowest MRE at TWM summit is 23% which is 740 days to ruin.  So to have a meal of completely ruined food, in a reasonable amount of time, this will need to be done on interloper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2017 at 1:04 PM, Farrgin Ice Hole said:

Going to try this with other foods.  I have a bunch of food that I am going to leave indoors and spoil.  The ruined feast is nearly complete and it is starting to stink up the place.

screen_afd78de4-2aed-47cb-bd07-06c717353a73_hi.thumb.png.bf03c9ce97638606a2beb5601c60fddb.png

Still looking for: Salty Crackers, Small Mouth Bass, Lake Whitefish, raw Rainbow Trout, raw Coho, raw Rabbit, raw Venison, Bear, Wolf.

Hey since I've got cooking level 5 I can come to your feast now :P

All I have to do is hit [SPACE] to eat the spoiled food with the side benefit of not getting food poisoning ;)

So make sure you keep the ruined food out on a table so it doesn't disappear.
Bon Appétit!

15 hours ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

All I have to do is hit [SPACE] to eat the spoiled food with the side benefit of not getting food poisoning

During an interloper run I experimented with a ruined can of dog food.  Put the can down then after picking it up I pressed space.  Food poisoning set in.  I had other foods like peaches and soup but wanted to save them for walking around in the cold.  My character is still surviving in CH and has been hunting and eating well.

15 hours ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

Hey since I've got cooking level 5 I can come to your feast now

The save file still exists and so does the 393 build but I am going to re do this in the new 421 build on stalker.  Voyageur level the MRE will take next to forever to spoil and maybe I can find a ruined one instead(during an interloper run I found a ruined MRE). I also want to hunt for mythical treasure: Ruined Salty Crackers.

screen_4e045f46-e303-4e1e-975d-1b0be0754b28_hi.png

1 hour ago, Farrgin Ice Hole said:

. I also want to hunt for mythical treasure: Ruined Salty Crackers.

lol good luck! :D

I have read that crackers do not degrade past their 'spawn' percentage (unsure about if it's really like that). All I know for now is that until they patch it, I'm storing all my very-low-condition food on the table in the Forestry Outlook and will feast on all of it after I've hit cooking level 5 again!

Archived