New Forums Picture

Timber Wolf

4 minutes ago, Timber Wolf said:

I really like the new picture!  It's a refreshing change.  :)

That's nice to hear! We've got new logos, art, and other branding that we're going to be refreshing and updating on our various channels. We're hoping to get some more improvements to the forums here as well over the next few months. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Carlson said:

That's nice to hear! We've got new logos, art, and other branding that we're going to be refreshing and updating on our various channels. We're hoping to get some more improvements to the forums here as well over the next few months. 

I like these forums changes too. I'm hoping to get a new test-branch in the few days.

6 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

we'll be running the test branch subforums on here, as usual, when build is ready.

not to sound annoying but when should we expect this test build? one week from now? two weeks? a month? i'm not looking for a specific date, but since you mentioned it was coming a ballpark range would be nice.

12 hours ago, Mortan1234 said:

not to sound annoying but when should we expect this test build? one week from now? two weeks? a month? i'm not looking for a specific date, but since you mentioned it was coming a ballpark range would be nice.

It should open up within the next two weeks. We don't want to get too specific with dates just yet, but you will certainly see an invitation to join posted before the end of the month.

47 minutes ago, Hotzn said:

Interestingly, the lucky survivor is carrying arrows, but no bow...

I noticed that too.  Then I thought about when I'm playing the game - I don't always put down the arrows when I put down the bow.  So, sometimes I'm equipped like this survivor. :)

21 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

I noticed that too.  Then I thought about when I'm playing the game - I don't always put down the arrows when I put down the bow.  So, sometimes I'm equipped like this survivor. :)

This made laugh - you're right! Thinking back to my last TLD run (quite a while now), I may have run around with arrows and no bow, too! Not with a rifle though (Interloper). Something else that irritated me is the way our survivor has equipped the flares - they are at risk to fall off and be lost in the snow like that. Kind of irks me to see that... ;)

6 hours ago, Dirmagnos said:

I doubt its possible, but would be nice to have automated feature that changes that picture every 24 hours.

This is a really great idea.  I would love to see more artwork.  I sometimes work with websites and have done this kind of thing before.

59 minutes ago, Hotzn said:

Something else that irritated me is the way our survivor has equipped the flares - they are at risk to fall off and be lost in the snow like that. Kind of irks me to see that... ;)

Very good point.  I chuckled a little when I saw two of them, because I carry two flares (or torches) around as part of my standard operating procedure.  ^_^

But looking at it the file size is way to huge? 2mb or something? please optimise it for web / mobile? doing a quick conversion  I got it down to a high quality jpg (416kb vs your 2mb version) - if you do same users visiting site download it quicker it looks same-and you and the us will use less bandwidth so win / win.

webSafe.thumb.jpg.2238af1e4548b83ff6fdd693d8a5dc33.jpg

1 hour ago, nicko said:

But looking at it the file size is way to huge? 2mb or something? please optimise it for web / mobile? doing a quick conversion  I got it down to a high quality jpg (416kb vs your 2mb version) - if you do same users visiting site download it quicker it looks same-and you and the us will use less bandwidth so win / win.

webSafe.thumb.jpg.2238af1e4548b83ff6fdd693d8a5dc33.jpg

Good call. I'll look into swapping out a smaller version. Thanks.

Update: Smaller version uploaded. 

• 1 month later...

Archived