An Overdue Introduction

WildGPS

Hello ‘Long Dark’ers! I am relatively new to the game but TLD has quickly become my go-to game. I got the game after Resolute Outfitter came out, so this next update will be my first. Just this week I finally achieved my last badge (fire-starter took FOREVER!) and may have made a mistake when I convinced my wife to play too. Five saved sandboxes goes pretty quick between two people…

A brief overview of my background for anyone who is interested. I just got married in January to a wonderful woman who never hassles me when I spend all weekend in front of the Xbox pretending to walk around in the snow. During the week, I teach Corporate Social Responsibility to undergrads in the great state of Colorado. This week is finals week and I have more grading than I want to think about, so my characters have been sadly neglected (and why I am procrastinating and writing this…).  Next week, however, I plan on being entirely unproductive!

When I’m not molding the minds of today’s youth or running away from wolves in Coastal Highway, I try to keep active.  I am an avid backpacker and have done a handful of multi-week thru-hikes out West (WildGPS is my trail name).  I try to get my butt outside to go run at least 3 or 4 times a week, and sometimes I succeed! I used to go rock climbing more than I do now, but find myself quoting Lethal Weapon’s Murtaugh too often whenever I take a whipper. By the way, yes, 34 is too old for that sh…

Anyway, I am grateful that Hinterland’s forum is both active and respectful.  Everyone seems genuinely nice and authentically passionate about this game.  It is a welcome treat whenever a developer chimes in from time to time as well.  They have done a great job so far, and I am looking forward to Faithful Cartographer and WINTERMUTE!

Welcome to the Hinterland Community @WildGPS. Glad to see you here.

4 hours ago, WildGPS said:

I am grateful that Hinterland’s forum is both active and respectful.

I am glad that you were given that impression of the community as this is supposed to be a friendly and respectful place. I would expect that as we grow closer and closer to release date our community will only grow more active.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-05-11 at 7:55 PM, WildGPS said:

. I just got married in January to a wonderful woman who never hassles me when I spend all weekend in front of the Xbox pretending to walk around in the snow.

Congrats to you and your wife! She doesn't hassle you because she also likes her alone time ;) I know I do, lol. In our home my hubby sticks to his Xbox One and I have the PC, which is fine by me. He only plays sports games though (Wrestling, hockey, baseball, sometimes golf and especially Madden) and there's no broadening his horizons I'm afraid. Love that you both play. Enjoy the forum :)

Archived