Been gone awhile and WTH happened?

So I've taken quite a few months off from playing this game ( roughily since last august-ish ) and with the story mode and new update just around the corner I wanted to jump back into it and shake the cobwebs loose.. 

I only play the game on either stalker or interloper first of all so I'm quite used to the "cards" being stacked against me, but I was absolutely gob smacked to find out that you can no longer throw the flares.. seriously! WTH! 

They are now NO better then torches, I've tried to work around this by using the brandishing mechanic.. but 30/30 attempts later and the wolves not giving a damn about me waving both the torch and flares around like a nimrod and sinking thier teeth into my flesh, I started getting rather flustered.. 

Nothing I do and I mean nothing (short of shooting em) stops the wolves anymore! Now is this intentional or is my game bugged beyond all hope?

Lmao I'm still extremely in love with the game please don't get me wrong! I just really want to know if anyone else has issues with the heat seeking teeth missiles that end my run before it even starts.. 

Playing on xbox one, thanks in advance all!

11 minutes ago, Rooks_Nemesis said:

So I've taken quite a few months off from playing this game ( roughily since last august-ish ) and with the story mode and new update just around the corner I wanted to jump back into it and shake the cobwebs loose.. 

I only play the game on either stalker or interloper first of all so I'm quite used to the "cards" being stacked against me, but I was absolutely gob smacked to find out that you can no longer throw the flares.. seriously! WTH! 

Welcome back. :)

Good news, you will be able to throw flares again in the upcoming update.  There is much to see on the new website - thelongdark.com  Check it out!

I've only recently started on interloper and it seems to me that, while they see you farther away and are more aggressive and yada yada, there are fewer wolves than in stalker as it seems to me.  If you get to a good place to avoid them, you're in good shape.  It depends on visibility as far as I can tell.

3 hours ago, Cantousent said:

I've only recently started on interloper and it seems to me that, while they see you farther away and are more aggressive and yada yada, there are fewer wolves than in stalker as it seems to me.  If you get to a good place to avoid them, you're in good shape.  It depends on visibility as far as I can tell.

It has been random for me. Sometimes no wolves. Sometimes three or four roaming around. Anyhow, when Interloper went out, I remember devs saying there would be less wolves, but in change they will be more vicious.

Archived