Please tell me a little about achieving Feats

Wasteland Watcher

Correct.. all play prior to the introduction of feats doesn't count towards feats progress..  (basically, before that point, the game wasn't really tracking and saving the stats for them)

24 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Correct.. all play prior to the introduction of feats doesn't count towards feats progress..  (basically, before that point, the game wasn't really tracking and saving the stats for them)

Thanks very much for confirming that JAFO :)

I sure hope I can achieve at least a couple before our saves are wiped August 1st!

1 minute ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

I sure hope I can achieve at least a couple before our saves are wiped August 1st!

Errmmmm.. we don't have until August 1st.. the save files will be wiped with the next update, due out in a few weeks.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

8 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Errmmmm.. we don't have until August 1st.. the save files will be wiped with the next update, due out in a few weeks.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Oh woops! Thanks for the heads up!

Well I guess I'll just enjoy this play-thru until the day I wake up and load up to find that the 'Lone Wanderer' is just...gone.
I'll have to assume he was rescued..or found an old 50 Chevy that still ran somehow and drove off down to Mexico :P

After that I'll start anew...with fresh determination and an open mind :) 

@Wasteland Watcher - Fortunately any progress towards your feats will carry forward. :)  Though I did notice that my survivors I used in test patch, their activities didn't seem to count towad feats.  And isn't the Lone Wanderer a little lost?  Or did he just get side tracked on the way to Anchorage?

43 minutes ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

Oh woops! Thanks for the heads up!

Well I guess I'll just enjoy this play-thru until the day I wake up and load up to find that the 'Lone Wanderer' is just...gone.
I'll have to assume he was rescued..or found an old 50 Chevy that still ran somehow and drove off down to Mexico :P

After that I'll start anew...with fresh determination and an open mind :) 

Note that if you disable auto updates for the game you can play indefinitely... just without any new content ;) 

28 minutes ago, Jolan said:

@Wasteland Watcher - Fortunately any progress towards your feats will carry forward. :)  Though I did notice that my survivors I used in test patch, their activities didn't seem to count towad feats.  And isn't the Lone Wanderer a little lost?  Or did he just get side tracked on the way to Anchorage?

This is nice news!
So the 4% I have towards Fire Master carries over :)

And Jolan, to answer your other question:

The Lone Wanderer came to the great, northern Hinterland on purpose after traveling to the Commonwealth Wasteland and being severely disappointed and disenchanted upon discovering that, for reasons unknown (except to the evil overlords at Bethesda), he could no longer solve any quests through negotiation, science, or other technical knowledge and could only accomplish missions or finish quests by shooting everything in face.:(

Wanting to get away from that lowbrow, CoD-influenced rat race, he left the Bethesda Wasteland forever to roam the northern wastes in peace and enjoy the serenity of the quiet apocalypse ^_^

3 minutes ago, cekivi said:

Note that if you disable auto updates for the game you can play indefinitely... just without any new content ;) 

Thanks for the tip Cekivi :)
Question on that: if I disable auto-updates and get to the point where I survive 500 days ...and then re-enable auto-updates, will that time spent count towards the Efficient Machine Feat after the game updates?

Just now, Wasteland Watcher said:

Thanks for the tip Cekivi :)
Question on that: if I disable auto-updates and get to the point where I survive 500 days ...and then re-enable auto-updates, will that time spent count towards the Efficient Machine Feat after the game updates?

That I don't know. In theory yes since your metadata should be saving somewhere locally even if you're not updating. If you play on multiple computers probably not. The catch is if you're a Steam user your only options are "auto update" or "update on launch" which the shouldn't do if you're offline. Since you're offline to avoid the update (even if it is queued when you go back online you can cancel it) all of your data would be local. 

Worst case scenario: update, lose the save but ensure that any progress for the feats is definitely kept 

Just now, cekivi said:

That I don't know. In theory yes since your metadata should be saving somewhere locally even if you're not updating. If you play on multiple computers probably not. The catch is if you're a Steam user your only options are "auto update" or "update on launch" which the shouldn't do if you're offline. Since you're offline to avoid the update (even if it is queued when you go back online you can cancel it) all of your data would be local. 

Worst case scenario: update, lose the save but ensure that any progress for the feats is definitely kept 

Well... we have until ...June 1st before the next update? 

I think if can go ahead and expend all my bullets shooting wolves and try to get through 200 more days eating wolf meat on TWM if I have to!;)

7 hours ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

Wanting to get away from that lowbrow, CoD-influenced rat race, he left the Bethesda Wasteland forever to roam the northern wastes in peace and enjoy the serenity of the quiet apocalypse ^_^

and shoot the occasional wolf in the face ;)

14 hours ago, Jolan said:

and shoot the occasional wolf in the face ;)

Haha funny :D

Actually, I avoid wolves and bears as much as possible. 

That being said, if I get stalked and one attacks me I fight back with the hunting knife.  Near 300 days alive so far and have won every fight ...so far.

/knock on wood!

My primary source of nutrition is snared rabbits and cat tails. And of course whatever old canned food I find every now and then.

Archived