Ways to say goodbye

June

So here it is folks, TLD will get it´s long awaited final update.

When i heard that the old saves would render useless at the end of may (or beginning of June - well, better not make a fixed date here, lol) when the final sandbox update hits, I was kindof sad, because i´ve grown fond of my Interloper-Astrid who made it to day 163. Just now I killed my third bear and could live on forever (well you never know on Interloper). There´s just one question remaining: the save will get useless, so I have to find a good end of the sandbox. Keeping it is pretty useless. Jumping off the Ravine seems also not the right thing to do. I need a challenge! A hard challenge I may not survive. Something to get the good old TLD beat going. I have the feeling I´ve beaten Interloper´s grim intentions to killing me quickly (or at least got myself a convinient place and living with abundant ressources and my loyal magnifying glass). So what could my Astrid do to end in a glorious dramatic dark fashion that would be fitting? And how will you end your sandoxes? ;P

I'm going to parkour down the side of Timberwolf Mountain for my remaining long term save. :)  If I survive that then surfing off the dam.  (I've always wondered if you could climb down the dam like a steep rockface).

There's always sneaking up on a bear on a cold day.  Who know's? Maybe they just want to cuddle.

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Wasteland Watcher said:

What I did -- am doing -- for my 400+ day Voyageur sandbox:

Sync'd my save yesterday with my 2010 gaming laptop (the one I don't use anymore) and unplugged it from the Internet.

I'm playing my "Legacy" sandbox on that and playing my new game on the PC I use all the time :)

Also my strategy until I need internet again on my gaming PC :D

Besides, not much time for gaming anyways when I'm stuck writing on my laptop all the time! :D

7 minutes ago, cekivi said:

Also my strategy until I need internet again on my gaming PC :D

Besides, not much time for gaming anyways when I'm stuck writing on my laptop all the time! :D

Options are not only nice, for me they are a requirement! ;)

TBH though the new iconography & immersive, non-numerical ui takes getting used to, I am really enjoying it!

This is what I finally had the courage to do. (And in my 750+ day voyager game which dated back to when there were only two regions.)

You can't even see all the arrows in the screenshot because he's laying on some. I was mauled twice in the process, but used stims and bandages to keep going. 

screen_(1327, -131, 1047)_9eb10ad7-5997-404b-82ed-aebe22f314b6.png

Archived