wolves senses

junglegreen

Can anyone explain how wolves keep out of my shooting range.    

1.......I stand still half  hidden by a tree or structure

2......The wind is directly in my face so no scent is going their way.

Yet  they get to just out of bow range when they turn and run,   why.       Being a UK resident we do not have much experience with wolves the odd wild poodle maybe..lol   

What you're observing is that wolves simply change directions by chance every now and then. They don't walk into the same direction permanently, so trying to hide somewhere in their (presumable) path is a bit pointless.

In TLD, wolves aren't able to 'avoid' you in any way. They either sense you (which will cause either flight or - depending on the mode - aggressive behavior) or they don't sense you. There's nothing more to it. ;) 

Are you playing on Pilgrim mode? Wolves are supposed to run away from you once they notice you there.

The flight behavior may also happen on the other modes, but it should definitely be the exception there (<10%), not the rule.

I find that the wolves can "see" through some terrain objects.   Crouching works to a certain point depending on different things.  I've noticed that if you're carrying anything that could be used as a decoy increases the chance of them spotting you (significantly increases it if its raw meat or fresh guts).  My favorite version of that was I was crouched near a rabbit with two wolves a fair bit off (outside rifle range) wandering about not noticing me, I harvested the meat, popped out to take a look around and both wolves were running in a straight line to me. :D Fortunately I won that foot race.

Archived