More features in WINTERMUTE

vancopower

Since this is the official The Long Dark 1.0 I think that there should be more features than: map-making, collecting stones and butchering meat. I understand that the story mode took long time and energy to finish but  perhaps some small features like zippo lighter,  tea planting in pots, or at least new clothes crafting like rabbit hat, rabbit shoes should make it into the update. It is version 1.0 after all and it should go in history with a little more content. 

Also I've always wondered what Aurora gameplay effects & hazards would look like, I hoped that at least that feature would make it in 1.0  :( .

6 minutes ago, vancopower said:

zippo lighter,  tea planting in pots, or at least new clothes crafting like rabbit hat, rabbit shoes should make it into the update. .

What are those? I actually have no idea as to what they are :D

I don't think it would be too wise though to make every item of clothing out of each different kind of animal fur. Perhaps they would add more ear/head accesories (I forget the exact word that they're called) ?

7 minutes ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

What are those? I actually have no idea as to what they are :D

I don't think it would be too wise though to make every item of clothing out of each different kind of animal fur. Perhaps they would add more ear/head accesories (I forget the exact word that they're called) ?

Just some things that have been discussed over the years but never made it to the road map you can search for the topics if you like. I was making a point that some small features like that would really spice up the update because as it is now it is worse update than resolute outfitter I think. But yea sure I would love to see more features from the road map even more so.

I'm crossing my fingers for a Rabbit hat though :)

On 5/6/2017 at 11:32 AM, vancopower said:

Since this is the official The Long Dark 1.0 I think that there should be more features than: map-making, collecting stones and butchering meat. I understand that the story mode took long time and energy to finish but  perhaps some small features like zippo lighter,  tea planting in pots, or at least new clothes crafting like rabbit hat, rabbit shoes should make it into the update. It is version 1.0 after all and it should go in history with a little more content. 

Also I've always wondered what Aurora gameplay effects & hazards would look like, I hoped that at least that feature would make it in 1.0  :( .

Keep in mind that 1.0 is technically released on Aug 1 if I read my sources correctly. The next update will be called something elise that I won't speak of for sake of spoilers.

There could still be new additions to sandbox when story mode drops. The trailer and teaser show a candle, for example. If something becomes available in Wintermute, it will likely be added to Survival mode at the same time. Hinterlands may also be saving a few extra additions as surprises to discover in the update later this month,

9 hours ago, GorillaDust said:

There could still be new additions to sandbox when story mode drops. The trailer and teaser show a candle, for example. If something becomes available in Wintermute, it will likely be added to Survival mode at the same time. Hinterlands may also be saving a few extra additions as surprises to discover in the update later this month,

Keep in mind with story mode the game will be getting two brand-new regions when WINTERMUTE releases in August. These will also be playable in Survivor Mode (sandbox), *eventually*.

But yes, for the best look at what's coming in the final sandbox update prior to 1.0 release, be sure to check out our post here: http://www.thelongdark.com/news/posts/light-at-the-end/

(Edited for clarity.)

1 hour ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Keep in mind the game will be getting two brand-new regions when WINTERMUTE releases in August. These will also be playable in Survivor Mode (sandbox). 

But yes, for the best look at what's coming in the final sandbox update prior to 1.0 release, be sure to check out our post here: http://www.thelongdark.com/news/posts/light-at-the-end/

(Edited for clarity.)

Wow, I did not know that. It wasn't mentioned in the 'light at the end' blog or the FAQs. I knew that Wintermute chapters would be happening on new maps, but nice to hear confirmation that those new maps will be playable in Survivor mode as well (and that there are TWO of them!).

Colour me excited for August 1.

4 hours ago, GorillaDust said:

Wow, I did not know that. It wasn't mentioned in the 'light at the end' blog or the FAQs. I knew that Wintermute chapters would be happening on new maps, but nice to hear confirmation that those new maps will be playable in Survivor mode as well (and that there are TWO of them!).

Colour me excited for August 1.

Hey @GorillaDust, I wanted to add some clarity here, as what I wrote earlier wasn't direct enough -- the new regions for Wintermute will make their way to sandbox mode eventually -- that's our goal. Whether they do at release for sandbox mode is still to be determined. 

When I see the "Milton" sign in the new video it makes me laugh.

Milton Ontario would be a great place in this type of disaster. There are literally hundreds of steam powered vehicles and equipment in this area.

Used to go here as a kid all the time, and it's still goes on once a year.

I don't think the game needs new regions as bad as it needs more depth of the experience. I'm glad that the story mode will finally be pushed out and the game can continue to grow but many of the ideas on the road map need to come too and come in a more reasonable time frame. Not years from now but months. Waiting for years has been the only curse of the game but now that the final polish is in on the story mode and many of the areas will have their object density passes complete, fleshing out the road map systems and player abilities is necessary if not crucial. 

Archived