The new HUD looks Awesome

nicko

I really wonder what the stickman icon in the center of the new UI is going to be good for.

The health, temperature, tiredness, thirst and hunger icons are certainly a nice addition, I actually like this part of the UI change.

However, I personally also prefer the icon style of the old radial with the backback in the center. But who knows, maybe the new radial is going to work differently than we're thinking. The stickman might eg. activate the medical interface or some new interface combining inventory and character status interface.

18 minutes ago, Scyzara said:

I really wonder what the stickman icon in the center of the new UI is going to be good for.

The health, temperature, tiredness, thirst and hunger icons are certainly a nice addition, I actually like this part of the UI change.

However, I personally also prefer the icon style of the old radial with the backback in the center. But who knows, maybe the new radial is going to work differently than we're thinking. The stickman might eg. activate the medical interface or some new interface combining inventory and character status interface.

From what I can make sense of is, the stick man I guess is an icon to represent your body, instead of a  pack. so maybe we might be able to quickly access packs? of some sort. just guessing.

• nicko changed the title to The new HUD looks Awesome
22 hours ago, nicko said:

From what I can make sense of is, the stick man I guess is an icon to represent your body, instead of a  pack. so maybe we might be able to quickly access packs? of some sort. just guessing.

Except that having bakcpack icon for inventory makes a ton more sense than stickman, that would be completely counter-intuitive.

Most likely it gives access to player status. Maybe they will merge it all together with medical thing.

The condition meters look smaller and harder to read, and no % to judge how fast they're draining. The radial menu looks less usable if you're using a mouse

Mostly I couldn't see the need for changing either, they were fine before, and I think hotkeys are better anyway. Any kind of menu is not much fun in a game

22 hours ago, Scyzara said:

also why do you think a backpack icon is better? the radial menu is related to more than just your back pack. hence the body icon.

I think its just a general icon for now and a good idea.

On 5/5/2017 at 8:36 AM, Scyzara said:

The stickman probably opens a new section of the radial menu with other options like emergency stim and such.

I dislike the radial, the condition bar, and temp/endurance/thirst/hunger icons.  The new may be interesting because it's new, but it actually looks quite half baked.  This isn't an opinion based on not liking change.  I just think the new UI looks... thrown together and cartoony even.  *shrug*

to be honest, i like the old one, and the reason is clear in a side by side:
It's clean and sharp.

to be honest, I would really like if they kept it simple, very simple.
also i like the backpack icon, it's sound like: pick something to do.
the stickman icon... is just confusing.

Archived