Fake "The Long Dark"s

Prering

Sorry If this is the wrong place for that but I have no Idea what kind of topic this is! 

I found 2 apps in the App Store (apple) they show screenshots of "The long dark" and even use your description! To be sure I buyed one of them and this game was the biggest crap I've ever seen and definitely not the long dark! I got my money back from apple :)

I am going to put the links to the apps below! 

THE LONG DARK - SURVIVAL EVOLVED by Ferkan Kellter
https://appsto.re/us/-Ddpjb.i

sorry I was only able to find one of the apps! But there are definitely 2 of them! 

1 minute ago, Prering said:

Sorry If this is the wrong place for that but I have no Idea what kind of topic this is! 

I found 2 apps in the App Store (apple) they show screenshots of "The long dark" and even use your description! To be sure I buyed one of them and this game was the biggest crap I've ever seen and definitely not the long dark! I got my money back from apple :)

I am going to put the links to the apps below! 

THE LONG DARK - SURVIVAL EVOLVED by Ferkan Kellter
https://appsto.re/us/-Ddpjb.i

sorry I was only able to find one of the apps! But there are definitely 2 of them! 

Thanks for the heads up on these -- they have surfaced from time to time. We'll investigate!

• 1 month later...

This practice dates older than the mobile game genre.  People make these either to get malware into your system, make a quick buck off of suckers, or both.

They bank on people being too lazy to find out if it is even a legitimate port or version, which is actually easy to do.  Sadly, there are those who don't bother, enough to keep doing such malarkey scams.

Legitimate publishers and developers will have links to everything they produce on their main websites. If something you see in an app store seems fishy, you should also inform the app store as well. When even Google doesn't bother to follow up on apps, and treats their store like Facebook, a lot of people end up paying more than they should.

Archived