JUMP

T.V

Why we just can't jump in this game? Today, I died on Whiteout because I was at the ravine, and my character fell down a bit at the top of the canyon. Why? Because I wasn't able to jump back to safe zone. Hinterland please, you're makin' story mode, but there's no jump option. Yes, I know that now the game will be easier, but come on. Maybe also physics and some sprains bug fix.

The reason there's no jump is because it's hard to jump with that much weight on.

I've been attacked by a wolf because I couldn't jump over some logs to get in a house at Fishing Camp on Coastal Highway...did it suck...yep. Did I suggest being able to mantle things. Yep. To me it's one of those things I'm not overly concerned about.

2 hours ago, T.V said:

Why we just can't jump in this game? Today, I died on Whiteout because I was at the ravine, and my character fell down a bit at the top of the canyon. Why? Because I wasn't able to jump back to safe zone. Hinterland please, you're makin' story mode, but there's no jump option. Yes, I know that now the game will be easier, but come on. Maybe also physics and some sprains bug fix.

yes, there are locations, where it really sucks not to jump or to climb 10cm high to the next edge, but I guess the problem with implementing jumping is, that you would have to change all the maps so that you cant get to somewhere where you are not supposed to be. I guess finding such 10 cm edges and making them more even would be better thatn implementing jumping.

In real life you don't jump 2m straight up to get over small or large things so they should add vaulting like Squad (game) will add soon.

I think that vaulting could be a nice addition to the game.

8 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

The reason there's no jump is because it's hard to jump with that much weight on.

Fair point.. but how hard is it to raise one foot 10-15cm in the air? Our characters seem able to do it if there are stairs, but nowhere else? As a case in point, take the veranda at the Camp Office in ML. By the sign, there are a couple of steps.. I can climb those, but not take just one step up, onto the end of the veranda? I'm forced to go around and use the steps instead.. Seriously?

That's why I'd asked for mantling: pulling or trying to pull up on objects.

However just stepping up that shouldn't be an issue. I don't know why you can't.

Sometimes I get stuck going up the front steps to the dam...so I have to go up the last step backwards. Other times it's fine.

12 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

I've been attacked by a wolf because I couldn't jump over some logs to get in a house at Fishing Camp on Coastal Highway...did it suck...yep. Did I suggest being able to mantle things. Yep. To me it's one of those things I'm not overly concerned about.

That much weight on ?!?!?! Protagonist is having trouble to climb over small obstacles because he carries WHOLE 30 kilos on him, including his clothing ? Are you fking serious ?!?!?

Soldiers in basic training run obstacle courses with more weight on than that and somehow dont die of exhaustion. Hell, firstgraders often carry as much when going to school...

10 hours ago, Vinceofpyrenees said:

The time for wishlist is over now, I think. Hinterland have already all prepared. They will not be able to finish their roadmap, so don't expect to interesting them with a wishlist. 

If you read through the details at the new LongDark website, Hinterland have already stated that improvements to Survivor Mode (sandbox) will continue to be made, even after release of 1.0.

Archived