Craftable Maps

TheLonelyWanderer

I'd really like to see craftable maps (maybe craft from a book and they could add writing tools in the game or be able to use charcoal from a fire?) added to the game. It would be so much better in my opinion to keep track of where you had been, to help you from getting lost. The map could either update automatically as you go, or you might have to manually enter the map in your inventory and select "update map" and it would add your path. Another option they could add would be that your map can only update where you've been in the last six/twelve/twenty-four hours (something like that) because you're drawing the map from memory. Any opinions on my suggestion?

A journal in which one can write as well as a 'log' of where one has been (updated in real time) is already in the game. If you mean a drawn map, well, honestly, it would detract from the game. It's quite surprising how much of the game is lost when one isn't lost, if you know what I mean. I am on a 350 day run and know all of the maps very well; it was actually more engaging when I didn't.

Archived