Drag

Kyopaxa

Drag?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please, please, please allow us to drag:

• Tree branches, so we can get them closer to a fire already started.
  • Carcasses, so we can get them closer to a fire already started (rabbit carcasses can just be carried, why not).
  • Certain furniture too? Becase... we like that sofa somewhere else (and I'm sure somebody left a chocolate bar under the sofa...)

It'll work the same way as sprinting, with stamina bar depleting while dragging, unable to drag if stamina bar is empty.

No need to add physics and fancy things to drag carcasses, although I admit body physics would be cool, and it's 2017... but yeah, don't really need that if that's what's preventing it's deployment.

Similar topics:

I'm sure there are more and more...

Why are you a party pooper? ^_^

Sprint doesn't need to be removed. Let's say you drag and at the same time sprint, then you would drag faster, but stamina bar will also deplete faster. I'd say chances of sprain would be higher too.

About the 10 kg question, I'm not sure about the fine tuning of physics and probably game designers would be better than me for the task. Anyhow, I'm talking about simple dragging by hand here, no sled, rope or other things involved. In this case I'd say the action of dragging is generally only worth for heavier weights, carrying being a better option for lighter weights (like rabbits). 10 kg sounds like it's in the side of light weights for this matter.

Yes, to #1 and #3. No to #2. Hmm, tough choice.

Rabbits should be carriable, but dragging deer or wolf carcass thru snow, especially considering that were dealing with bulimic who can barely lift 30 kilos, including his own clothes...lol. Maybe couple of meters max, that would have same toll as climbing, completely trashing player tiredness meter.

4 hours ago, Dirmagnos said:

...but dragging deer or wolf carcass thru snow, especially considering that were dealing with bulimic who can barely lift 30 kilos, including his own clothes...lol. Maybe couple of meters max, that would have same toll as climbing, completely trashing player tiredness meter.

I agree. Good thing is, devs can easily fine tune this by stamina consumption speed. According the the weight of what you're dragging, your stamina goes down faster or slower, limiting the amount of distance you can drag a carcass without waiting to regain your breath. Seems legit.

On 2017-04-27 at 5:44 PM, Kyopaxa said:

Why are you a party pooper? ^_^

Because I come on the Wishlist forums, and I'm usually the first to comment that the ideas won't work, which can be depressing for newer members who don't know what they're saying :D

Anyhow, I do believe this is a good idea, I would just like to know how the devs would proceed ....

Archived