CO-OP

TigercatX

I made a post a long time ago about this. I think a co-op option would be amazing with everything from social interaction to packing separate supplies for journeys or after the killing of an animal. Sleeping would be the most difficult part, but if a system like there is in Minecraft were applied I think it would work. Either that or just sleep the hours you do while the other person still plays (which would work great for people playing in different timezones or if a break is needed on one end for a few minutes)

The changes necessary for co-op would be welcome in my opinion. If you guys have ever played 7 Days to Die, they incorporate co-op pretty well and have the same basic options (crafting, fire, foraging, etc) as TLD.

I think, to a certain degree, the game is perfect as is. But I also think adding some more multiplayer content (of any kind) would take it to the next level

54 minutes ago, Docterrok said:

how would timing work?

i think that with sleeping it is easy just sleap both or pass time or something and with harvesting or something else you can do it together and or it would wait till one accepts it (like a little pop up on side of screen so he can accept it while doing other things. this would make him go to waiting (like it is already) or if in interaction pozition (harvesting something else) it would let him progress on. While the one who is requesting is waiting for the other one the game progresses as normal and the thing he is doing ticks down on normal time. (this is probably hard to understand so sorry)

30 minutes ago, FatheriatorCZ said:

i think that with sleeping it is easy just sleap both or pass time or something and with harvesting or something else you can do it together and or it would wait till one accepts it (like a little pop up on side of screen so he can accept it while doing other things. this would make him go to waiting (like it is already) or if in interaction pozition (harvesting something else) it would let him progress on. While the one who is requesting is waiting for the other one the game progresses as normal and the thing he is doing ticks down on normal time. (this is probably hard to understand so sorry)

no, I understand, but it would be a pain if you have a wolf on top of you and a notification pops up, really puts a damper on the immersion.

On 4/25/2017 at 9:38 AM, TigercatX said:

So..I want a co op mode in The long dark. You can create private servers to play with friends. Please guys help me to add this :)

So, the argument that comes very often against this is that the whole point is that you are surviving alone not with a group of friends who you were snowboarding with when the storm hit.

While I believe that this game should stay a solo game, I do believe a co-op can be implemented in which the players are fighting each other for resources (of course however this can lead to hacking, abuse of player's lack of experience etc...). If you do implement a cooperative mode where everyone is friendly with each other, there's no point in having a co-op in the first place.

Archived