I'M IN THE TITLE SCREEN

jessrm89

So I loaded an old Voyager save in Desolation Point, and I noticed something seemed... odd.

Uh, guys...? I'm in the title screen.

TRUST ME, I'M JUST AS CONFUSED AS YOU ARE

Glitch? Feature? I haven't messed around with my game files at all, and the save file was made fresh with the newest update, so I'm not sure why this happened. But it was almost worth a borked save to finally feel the weight of that shovel in my hands. (Also, THERE ARE WOLVES IN HERE.)

P.S. I don't really need urgent support for this; it's no big deal. I just wanted to show off the coolest bug I've encountered. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

so uh.jpg

i aint no liar.jpg

another angle.jpg

Update: It was a tough climb, but I finally clawed my way up those uneven rocks and into the cabin. And... ZAP. I was teleported to Hunter's Cabin in Mystery Lake! Strolled out to find what I'd expect. Bopped around a few minutes to make sure things seemed normal.

But, then, I reloaded my save, and...

I think I'm in purgatory. Either that, or some arty film about the psychological toll of mortality and aloneness. It's eerily serene and sunny in this isolated cabin on all this white space. There's the two wolves always circling, an unusable rifle, and if I run too far to the edge of the map, I fall through the world and teleport right back to where I started.

So this is where Astrid and Will go when they fade into the long dark.

pics or it didnt happen.jpg

4 hours ago, jessrm89 said:

Update: It was a tough climb, but I finally clawed my way up those uneven rocks and into the cabin. And... ZAP. I was teleported to Hunter's Cabin in Mystery Lake! Strolled out to find what I'd expect. Bopped around a few minutes to make sure things seemed normal.

But, then, I reloaded my save, and...

I think I'm in purgatory. Either that, or some arty film about the psychological toll of mortality and aloneness. It's eerily serene and sunny in this isolated cabin on all this white space. There's the two wolves always circling, an unusable rifle, and if I run too far to the edge of the map, I fall through the world and teleport right back to where I started.

So this is where Astrid and Will go when they fade into the long dark.

pics or it didnt happen.jpg

^BEST THEORY OF THIS GLITCH EVER

Its actually happened to a select few players before, (about 1 or 2 per update get to see it and post about it) but that means its super rare! (2-4 people an update out of thousands )

But there was a time during a test branch update where you could enter it via the entrance to forlorn muskeg

2 minutes ago, MarrowStone said:

^BEST THEORY OF THIS GLITCH EVER

Its actually happened to a select few players before, (about 1 or 2 per update get to see it) but that means its super rare! (2-4 people an update out of thousands )

But there was a time during a test branch update where you could enter it via the entrance to forlorn muskeg

Ahh, thanks, MarrowStone! It's good to know this glitch has a history, and that I didn't anger the Wolf Gods. Not much to do in here, but definitely worth the price of a save. I feel like I'm in a snow globe.

Keep an eye out for me the next time you load up the main menu. I'll be the one waving from the cabin window, cradling my shovel. :P

2 minutes ago, jessrm89 said:

Ahh, thanks, MarrowStone! It's good to know this glitch has a history, and that I didn't anger the Wolf Gods. Not much to do in here, but definitely worth the price of a save. I feel like I'm in a snow globe.

Keep an eye out for me the next time you load up the main menu. I'll be the one waving from the cabin window, cradling my shovel. :P

Ive always wondered what causes it though, i know if you fall out of the map anywhere it teleports you to a hill by clearcut as a way to catch people and not kill off long-run survivors. (I died anyways when it happened though cause i had a sprained ankle, no painkillers or firewood and was already cold and clearcut has almost no safe places nearby.

14 minutes ago, AZHockeyNut said:

the important questions...

any loot in the bag?

is the gun any good?

is it loaded? ;

-) would turn out to be a heck of a glitch if that were interloper.....

1. The bag is searchable, but I didn't find any loot.

2. The gun can be picked up like a normal gun, but I can't seem to get it loaded. Which is a problem, because...

3. It's empty!

Sadly, my save is now corrupted -- no matter how many times I escape back to the main maps, I always reload to the main menu cabin. I'd be irritated if this happened to my Interloper save, but since I was only 30-some days into a Voyager game, it's no biggie.

Thanks for the tidbits and qs, all!

I would kill to have that glitch... hey Hinterland! Can't we have a Zen level? Just a lonely hut in a white nothingness? Some rabbits, a pond with a fishing hut, a bed, a workbench? Just to hang out and chill? Like an Easter Egg we can find after 300 hours in-game?

5 hours ago, jessrm89 said:

1. The bag is searchable, but I didn't find any loot.

2. The gun can be picked up like a normal gun, but I can't seem to get it loaded. Which is a problem, because...

3. It's empty!

Sadly, my save is now corrupted -- no matter how many times I escape back to the main maps, I always reload to the main menu cabin. I'd be irritated if this happened to my Interloper save, but since I was only 30-some days into a Voyager game, it's no biggie.

Thanks for the tidbits and qs, all!

Just moving this to the tech support forum.

Yes, unfortunately this usually means there is an issue with that save file. It's a rare issue, but one we are aware of and have been looking into. Sorry to hear you've run into it. 

This is hands down the coolest glitch you could encounter hahaha. I had one ages ago where I fell through some ice, screen goes black, then suddenly comes back and I kept falling into the same hole over and over again, kind of like what happens in Portal where you put a portal above and below you... Was so weird.

On 4/25/2017 at 1:25 PM, jessrm89 said:

But it was almost worth a borked save to finally feel the weight of that shovel in my hands. (Also, THERE ARE WOLVES IN HERE.)

The important question is, can you take down a wolf with the shovel?

Archived