Modding Support - Planned or Maybe?

ShieldHeart

Hi folks, 

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, please kindly provide me a link if it has.

I have seen modding support mentioned for the game roadmap in the "medium term" projects. I definitely have some mod ideas and would like to contribute to the modding community of this game long term - starting with implementing this idea.

I can even start working on a mod now, but it will all be futile if there will never be modding support for the game. There doesn't seem to be a definite answer from the developers on whether there will eventually be modding support, it's all been a 'maybe' so far from what I understand. I'm hoping I can get a more definite answer here, will modding support be added in the future? If so, any indication of how far down the line that may be? 

Cheers

Thanks for the reply! So as I understand it, you guys can't confirm that modding support for gameplay mods will be added just yet, which is fine of course. Having said that, I am very excited to work on some mods for TLD, and I can even start before proper modding support is added (making models, etc). Though as I'm sure the devs know, doing such work can take a lot of time and effort, and it would be futile to work on this if it can never be a part of the game in the future.

So I guess I'd like to add a +1 for modding support, if there is any other way I can encourage it please let me know! I am ready to start as soon as I know that such mods can be a part of the game, it's definitely going to be fun for me and hopefully many many players as well.  

Archived