Rifle keep dissapear after your super fix

azeritto

v.393. Forlorn Muskeg. Railroad. Near crashed red train wagons. Was attacked by wolf after missed shot. After melee ive got back on my feet and there was no rifle around. 200+day of my survival on stalker. Thank you for this very much. 

16 hours ago, andrew_robinson said:

I had my rifle disappear in Pleasant Valley after a bear attack. I just figured that the bear had broken it, although I really expected to find it nearby. :(

Is that a bug? If so, how do I spawn a rifle back into the game?

While you can't spawn your rifle directly back into the game, you should be able to find a replacement. What Experience Mode are you playing?

On 4/27/2017 at 7:38 PM, andrew_robinson said:

I had my rifle disappear in Pleasant Valley after a bear attack. I just figured that the bear had broken it, although I really expected to find it nearby. :(

Is that a bug? If so, how do I spawn a rifle back into the game?

After a bear attack, all your stuff can be strewn around especially if you were carrying it like your rifle. I would go back and have a thorough search for it; unfortunately, stuff like that can get hidden in strange places like if you drop arrowheads on the floor in the Whaling station work bench area (ask me how I know!) Fortunately on Voyageur level, there are lots of rifles and ammo. Sometimes an item can disappear under a bear carcass, if you drop something near it (weird) however it will still be there when the carcass despawns.

Yes, I suspect that there is a bug or an annoying feature where stuff can disappear especially small stuff like feathers, rifle cartridges and arrow heads. Always store that stuff in a drawer on your work bench where you craft stuff rather than carrying it with you. It's safer there in case of bear or wolf attacks.

I had it happen once (wolf attack) and wondered if it wasn't that I was aiming down the sights at the moment the attack began trying to get in a last second shot. From then on, I either shot earlier or simply faced the music and had the rifle lowered when an attack began and it seemed to have solved the problem. Many attacks since with the rifle equipped and haven't lost it again.

On 4/28/2017 at 9:19 PM, SteveP said:

After a bear attack, all your stuff can be strewn around especially if you were carrying it like your rifle. I would go back and have a thorough search for it; unfortunately, stuff like that can get hidden in strange places like if you drop arrowheads on the floor in the Whaling station work bench area (ask me how I know!) Fortunately on Voyageur level, there are lots of rifles and ammo. Sometimes an item can disappear under a bear carcass, if you drop something near it (weird) however it will still be there when the carcass despawns.

Yes, I suspect that there is a bug or an annoying feature where stuff can disappear especially small stuff like feathers, rifle cartridges and arrow heads. Always store that stuff in a drawer on your work bench where you craft stuff rather than carrying it with you. It's safer there in case of bear or wolf attacks.

Yes, as mentioned above, the issue with some gear vanishing after bear/wolf struggles is a known issue we've been investigating. Thanks for your patience. 

On 5/2/2017 at 1:22 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

Yes, as mentioned above, the issue with some gear vanishing after bear/wolf struggles is a known issue we've been investigating. Thanks for your patience. 

Still investigating?  

i play yesterday ( i ll dont talk about the non patch ha ha ) 

i lose 2 rifles 

1st one i was on the porch / stoop of the farm in pleasant valley i shoot a bear he attack me and the rifle wasn t on the floor, ok maybe it fall under the porch

i take my second rifle i go on snow i shoot the bear  ( i let him attack me to test ...yes i m crazy ^^) and my rifle disappear ... 

i test with another save with wolves there s no problem,

i lose my rifle only after a bear attack 

excuse my english i ll hope you understand what i say :) 

good luck to fix it

Archived