Pole for next big update focus

Vulp

Pole for next big update  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, CalNieDaGtarGuy said:

This should probably be merged with POLL OF AGES!!! because it is fairly alike in nature. ( @cekivi or @Scyzara)

Good post, just probably don't need two on the same subject as of now, if you get my point ;).

Yeah it kinda should be, but this post was made to touch up on things the pole of the ages didn't hit.

It's all well and good to take a poll and it asks some good questions - as does the "Poll of Ages" - but knowing a little about software development says that none of this - if it isn't already in the update - will see light (or long dark, as it may be!).

Right now the team is undoubtedly near a release stage of testing, bug squashing and tweaking with nothing new being added at this late point. Of course this depends on what the countdown is for exactly; if it's for story mode, then as I said, things are being polished, not added, but if it's for a sandbox update, then some new ideas may make it into the story mode, depending on the timeline for a release. Even that I would assume is pretty much locked down regarding new mechanics and content as I predict that they are in at least a late beta phase.

Anyhow, some good ideas in the poll @Vulp and if not added sooner, then maybe later. Who knows...some of this might already be in there. Whatever comes however, I think the Hinterlands team have proven themselves both trustworthy and innovative.

The biggest single thing I'd  like to see is animal AI improvement. I'm not so bothered about the other aspects of hunting at this stage - they'd be nice, but I don't think they are as urgent.

And in terms of cooking, I think the heat of the fire should affect cooking times. It's always struck me as a bit weird that it doesn't. Again , the rest is a bit superfluous at this stage maybe.

I think we will get aesthetic improvements, like the new environment detail that's been previewed in previous trailers, when the story is ready. 

17 hours ago, Carbon said:

It's all well and good to take a poll and it asks some good questions - as does the "Poll of Ages" - but knowing a little about software development says that none of this - if it isn't already in the update - will see light (or long dark, as it may be!).

Right now the team is undoubtedly near a release stage of testing, bug squashing and tweaking with nothing new being added at this late point. Of course this depends on what the countdown is for exactly; if it's for story mode, then as I said, things are being polished, not added, but if it's for a sandbox update, then some new ideas may make it into the story mode, depending on the timeline for a release. Even that I would assume is pretty much locked down regarding new mechanics and content as I predict that they are in at least a late beta phase.

Anyhow, some good ideas in the poll @Vulp and if not added sooner, then maybe later. Who knows...some of this might already be in there. Whatever comes however, I think the Hinterlands team have proven themselves both trustworthy and innovative.

No, I don't expect this to be part of the next update, but this is just to generate ideas and see what the people want

Archived