Kitchen

nicko

It is an intriguing idea indeed!  Not sure how HintDev would implement it since it would require some kind of logic to know what kind of object is placed on the stove surface.  For example, if they implement this kind of behavior, would it not also allow the same mechanic to be used to cook raw meat to a cooked state?  Could large pots be introduced to allow for mass boiling things like rose hips and mushroom tea?

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself...your idea would still be a great start.

Yeah, it would be tempting to mess about by putting stuff like newspaper or clothes or lighter fluid on there to see what happened. Or bullets. It might turn out to be something of a can of worms for the developers to be opening - with the current abstracted cooking it isn't an issue, and that could be seen as an advantage.

But in principle, I'm all in favour of more complex systems, as long as they can maintain in-game logic/consistency.

Considering extreme temperatures that such stoves can achieve, placing ceramic mug on it is a sure way to lose it as it shatters from high heat.

Clothes, depending on material, will either melt or shrink and become extremely fragile, on the level that it will fall apart if player will attempt to put it on. Paper will turn brown and crumple. And i would not put ammo anywhere near that thing.

I like the idea, would love to see the pans or pots already on there as usable (they can withstand the heat) and it could create a way to melt some snow or heat a drink while doing other things. but should come with penalties, like leaving it too long it all boils away. go beyond the boiling point for a certain time and it starts to boil off, so you go for 1.0L of snow, take too long to come back to it and you only get .50L of non-potable water..... or, you get only .25L of drinking water.... some mechanic there of.

heating a drink (only allow the teas and coffees) would become ruined beyond a certain temp (whatever ceramic can take)

Archived