What song reminds you of The Long Dark?

Docterrok

• 2 weeks later...

I have so many oh my lord

This is especially fitting when I'm walking in a creepy area, plus I just really enjoy this song.

I listen to a lot of older music while I play, if you've played any fallout game then I'll point you towards the radio stations in the games. I'm used to trekking wastelands with the inkspots and marty robbins playing in the background lol

Good traveling music :)

And I tend to associate the game with the music from a band called Shel, they have some very haunting songs.

• 3 years later...

Well, I used to listen to Juice Wrld songs especially Lucid Dreams while playing The Long Dark. Unfortunately, He died too early but he left his mark in the rap music world in such a short span of time. I have a special relation with this game and Juice Wrld because they both were my favourite. I still remember I bought his merch stuff when Lucid dreams was released. Thats why Lucid Dreams reminds me of both of my favourite parts of my life The Long Dark and the King himself.

Here is a tribute to him. Keep playing this wonderful game too.

https://youtu.be/gZEooy-khZw

There's a playlist that I have on spotify when I play The Long Dark called "Lost in the Woods". This song hasn't been on there for a while as far as I know, but I still listen to it nonetheless. Fun fact: Since I couldn't find the lyrics to it, I thought he said "let's go where there is no map" which I thought fit this game well since I don't use maps and I have to rely on what I remember, plus it kind of makes my experience kind of like an adventure. In reality, he just says "there is gold, but there is no map", but I suppose fits this game, too.

There are some good songs here, but for me it's kinda the other way around.  As I play the game, I thing of song lyrics that somehow seem appropriate.  

For example, when I am looting a house and find peanut butter and crackers, the first song that pop's into mind is The Talking Heads - Life During War
"...I got some groceries, some peanut butter,
To last a couple of days
But I ain't got no speakers, ain't got no headphones,
Ain't got no records to play..."

Iron Maiden - Stranger in a strange land is quite fitting the coldness of THe long dark:

Was many years ago that I left home and came this way
I was a young man, full of hope and dreams
But now it seems to me that all is lost and
nothing gained
Sometimes things ain't what they seem
No brave new world, no brave new world
Night and day I scan horizon, sea and sky
My spirit wanders endlessly
Until the day will dawn and friends from home
discover why
Hear me calling, rescue me
Set me free, set me free
Lost in this place, and leave no trace
Stranger in a strange land
Land of ice and snow
Trapped inside this prison
Lost and far from home
One hundred years have gone and men again
they came that way
To find the answer to the mystery
They found his body lying where it fell all that day
Preserved in time for all to see
Lost in this place, and leave no trace
What became of the man that started
All are gone and their souls departed
Left me here in this place
So all alone
What became of the man that started
All are gone and their souls departed
Left me here in this place
So all alone

• 1 month later...

Well, I used to listen to Mac Miller songs especially Good News while playing The Long Dark. Unfortunately, He died too early but he left his mark in the rap music world in such a short span of time. I have a special relation with this game and Mac Miller because they both were my favourite. I still remember I bought his merch stuff when GOOD News was released. Here is my favourite song of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIHF7u9Wwiw