Let me take a seat, ANYWHERE I PLEASE!

Docterrok

Hinderland could use some of the same code from the snow shelter, with some values changed so you don't somehow become warmer when sitting in a chair. All about the atmosphere.

This being said, I don't think they will do this till the game is finished

Seating, such as the armchair found in various places should double as seats (where some minor crafting could be done and have a small energy bonus) and potential sleeping places. I could also see a repair bonus being a nice little treat.

• 1 month later...

Popping this thread back up because I've been ruminating on this exact thing.  (See, that's why we search forums before making a new post! :P )

Even if it did nothing extra, being able to sit would increase immersion and make our home bases feel more homey.  Mechanically, all you'd need to do is add "Pass Time" to the "Break Down" menu when you click a chair. (Maybe putting in a confirmation check on Break Down, for us mis-clickers.)  Then while passing time, just change the perspective to hovering a short distance above the chair surface.

For added fun, I think those big stuffed armchairs should add a 1º C temperature boost while you're passing time, the same way a bed does (just at a lower rate).

The Trapper's Homestead would enter a level of MAXIMUM COZY previously thought unattainable by mankind!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎-‎06‎-‎2017 at 3:50 PM, ArmagedDan said:

Popping this thread back up because I've been ruminating on this exact thing.  (See, that's why we search forums before making a new post! :P )

Even if it did nothing extra, being able to sit would increase immersion and make our home bases feel more homey.  Mechanically, all you'd need to do is add "Pass Time" to the "Break Down" menu when you click a chair. (Maybe putting in a confirmation check on Break Down, for us mis-clickers.)  Then while passing time, just change the perspective to hovering a short distance above the chair surface.

For added fun, I think those big stuffed armchairs should add a 1º C temperature boost while you're passing time, the same way a bed does (just at a lower rate).

The Trapper's Homestead would enter a level of MAXIMUM COZY previously thought unattainable by mankind!

The amount of immersion is insane in the game and having these kind of features possibly makes this one of the most immersive games in history. (That's my opinion anyway.) 

Archived