Few things

Erkkipappers

- How fit you are. It would effect your warmth, speed and calorie burn

- More complex cooking. You could make beverages, more plants you can cook with and water needs container in interloper and stalker

- You could cut down trees but it would take very long time

- Growing food items

How would you propose determining fitness? Is it a list of attributes chosen at start-up or do we all just gain "fitness" as the game goes on. I am not sure how this could be implemented.

I am all for more food choices, but I lived in Northern Ontario (Timmins Area)  for many years and I can assure you, nothing grows in the winter except your frustration with the guy that plows in your driveway right after you shovel it.

Welcome to the forum Erkkipappers 

Before you post something please check out the Roadmap to see what will be added and here more advanced cooking and growing food are on the roadmap already and I think the are planning to allow us to cut down larger trees with a real axe.

I like the idea of fitness but I would not like this game to be an exercise sim and I don't think it fits in TLD.

The thing with water containers is interesting because right now you have an infinite amount of PET bottles and if you had to find containers for water it would change up the game quite a lot.

I think it would be fun to find and pick up PET bottles and those bigger plastic bottles and maybe a few other containers because it adds more diversity to the game .

Im not quite sure how fitness would affect player speed, but it could be an interesting tradeoff. More fit player is less his core temperature is but he also burns less calories, and vice versa.

Considering that trees are frozen solid, im not sure what purpose it would serve aside of intentional ruining all the axes that player can find in game world.

27 minutes ago, Dirmagnos said:

Im not quite sure how fitness would affect player speed, but it could be an interesting tradeoff. More fit player is less his core temperature is but he also burns less calories, and vice versa.

Considering that trees are frozen solid, im not sure what purpose it would serve aside of intentional ruining all the axes that player can find in game world.

You can dry the wood inside

No, you didn't 

It's just quite fun to see you greet everyone welcome to the forums.

You're just greeting everyone and it's kinda you only that's doing that so when I see a new guy here I'm just waiting for you to type Welcome to the forums ....!

On 2017-04-26 at 11:44 PM, Dirmagnos said:

To dry wood indoors you need low humidity and plus degrees for a whole duration. Neither are present in average house. Mines maybe.

You can let the wood lie next to the fire you make to cook food and melt snow......

18 hours ago, Reahs said:

You can let the wood lie next to the fire you make to cook food and melt snow......

Unless that fire goes on for 24/7 you will do merely more damage to wood, by letting water in it thaw and refreeze all the time. Plus, heat must be evenly spread and affect all sides equally, or again, youl do more harm than good.

Archived