Bunkers and Prepper Caches

piddy3825

Been a while since I played, so I was just curious if the various bunkers and prepper caches still randomly appear in both Mystery Lake and Pleasant Valley?  Besides the obvious bunker between the Pleasant Valley/TimberWolf Mountain transition?  I came across on older video on Youtube, that showed a Weapons Bunker in Pleasant Valley.  I wasn't aware that one had ever existed, so is it still in game now?  There was mention of one of the prepper cache sites being covered up with some of the new rocky mountain terrain enhancements but wasn't able to ascertain which bunker or map... haven't gone looking for it just yet either, been too busy lately falling thru the ice in Forelorn Muskeg, lol.

Sure did like finding that bunker in Mystery Lake, now looking forward to finding similar bunker in Pleasant Valley if it is still available in game?  Anybody know have any details, let me know, it sure changes the way a game starts when you start with a rifle and 20 rounds...

Thanks for reading!

Yup, they're still in the game, but keep in mind that there is only one random bunker spawn per map.  There's a set number of places they CAN spawn, but you never know which one you might get. It's still only ML and PV that each get one.

You'll always get the fixed one at the transition between PV and TWM.

7 hours ago, ArmagedDan said:

Yup, they're still in the game, but keep in mind that there is only one random bunker spawn per map.  There's a set number of places they CAN spawn, but you never know which one you might get. It's still only ML and PV that each get one.

You'll always get the fixed one at the transition between PV and TWM.

Thanks for the heads up.  I understand the random spawns, but was not aware that PV ever had a weapons bunker spawn.  Going to have to search for that one sometime soon!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2017 at 8:05 PM, Baukster77 said:

I noticed on the steam forum that one bunker (Hunting bunker near Camp Office on ML) has been replaced. Does anyone know if more bunkers spawn on a different location?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=822414622

Hunter's Bunker or Weapons Prepper Cache...  depends on you viewpoint, I guess.  For all the suspense of finding one, kinda disappointing.

screen_472e3306-feec-4c55-a0fd-de52091b865c_hi.thumb.png.e55c4464bc9e96a7d53ea28eff103480.png

Thanks for that link... Here it is in full color glory!  Took me 36 random starts on the Mystery Lake map before this Hunting Bunker spawned.  Sadly to say, the loot factor wasnt't as impressive as it used to be.  I did find two rifles and 11 rounds of ammo.  one rifle's condition was down to 16%, the other was at 76%.  Besides some water and some food, wasn't much else there.  

Hey I never knew about checking the vents. So while waiting for the countdown, I have started a new Nomad challenge,

and I headed up to TWM on day one to get that overwith. Well, I stopped to rest up in the bunker below the rope and said, hmmm wonder if they meant this vent, well thanks for 5 rifle rounds! [spoiler/]

2 hours ago, cekivi said:

I knew about them but to date I've only found a granola bar in them :)

There aren't just vents in bunkers by the way ;) 

Where? I've found similar grates in other places (ex. the Lower Dam), but none of those grates opened. The only ones I know that open are in the prepper caches.

39 minutes ago, Salty Crackers said:

Where? I've found similar grates in other places (ex. the Lower Dam), but none of those grates opened. The only ones I know that open are in the prepper caches.

Basements. But don't think they open either. I just found that mailboxes open and I got mail! ;-)

2 hours ago, JAFO said:

But only the ones in the bunkers can be opened.

So, I learned two important things tonight.

1. Playing the Long Dark on my work laptop is a bad idea. The track pad is not very responsive.

2. You're absolutely right. I could have sword the vents in the lower dam were interactable objects... but I just checked. You cannot open the vent. I must have confused them since the models were nearly identical. :S

On 5/4/2017 at 2:34 PM, cekivi said:

1. Playing the Long Dark on my work laptop is a bad idea. The track pad is not very responsive

Wireless mouse for the win! I wouldn't play TLD on a laptop without it!

Archived