Let me place my rifle vertically.

Docterrok

34 minutes ago, Docterrok said:

I always get frustrated with this, I wish I could place a rifle the way I usually find it, propped up against a wall, maybe a rotation mechanic, I'm just tired of setting it on a table.

I would like to see this too.  The object placement system needs improvement in general.

19 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

The object placement system needs improvement in general.

It couldn't hurt it. Right now, it has to apply AI rules to determine placement whereas an explicit rotation might make it simpler for the devs. -might-

Doesn't anyone do what I do? hide it in a tiny container or a corpse? ;-) It's amazing what you can fit in a backpack! The lockers are the obvious choice... if we could lock them. What about keys? It sure would be handy to have keys to open all those trunk lids and lockers. ;-)

Actually, I have a habit of dropping it by the door so that its obvious and I won't forget it. Water, also near the door, easy to grab. Wood and especially sticks, belong in a container where they are easier to grab all at once.

In the big scheme, I prefer new functionality especially new predators and food animals over cosmetic improvements. Not to say that it's not important; a tidy cabin is an organized cabin!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2017 at 8:35 AM, nicko said:

Bump - I hope most buildings have a gun rack?

Only rack I have seen so far, and I have to admit I haven't been looking for them, was in the Forestry Lookout in Mystery Lake.  One would think the farmhouse in Pleasant Valley and Camp Office in Mystery Lake would have gun racks, but I haven't seen any.

20 minutes ago, Samsonguy920 said:

Only rack I have seen so far, and I have to admit I haven't been looking for them, was in the Forestry Lookout in Mystery Lake.

Trapper's Cabin has one as well.

Archived