POLL OF AGES!

CalNieDaGtarGuy

What do you want to see updated MOST of all in the course of the year?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For one, I'm sick of getting caught on a piece of terrain that is too high, so some sort of free climbing would be smart. Especially considering people already try it anyways using the classic unity almost vertical wall side walk.

Number two, the only other thing I can really think of is dynamic food cooking, and improved AI of the creatures we already have, as a part of the update we need the most, the hunting system. In sandbox mode, most of what you do revolves around gathering food, and hunting is the main way we do this, unless you exclusively snare rabbits and fish.

Some other animals would be nice, because we don't really see enough as is. The main one is the doe, because I'm starting to wonder if the deer reproduce asexually or some other way... But some animals that are naturally found in the region would be nice, as it feels like the ecosystem is really lacking and unrealistic. These animals don't even necessarily have to be hunt-able, just some animated textures to make the world feel more alive.

On 4/23/2017 at 5:08 AM, CalNieDaGtarGuy said:

My only issue here is that the black bears do not contend with wolves. Grizzly bears, I could see it, but black bears are very timid and quite the pushovers.

With the telescoping of time, do you mean that the game would skip days after so long kind of like Castaway or The Martian? Because that would be really cool.

Yes, I was thinking the Castaway scenario.  

Just thinking outloud...

You go to bed on day 365 - upon waking, telescope ahead x years.  Many or all of the pre-event buildings are uninhabitable, there are no remaining canned goods, matches. ammunition etc.  This is balanced by your now honed skills of fire starting and and other neolithic abilities.

New skills might be:

Constructing a cabin

Construct a canoe

Constructing food driers and caches

Flint knapping

Making a powerful weapon - crossbow or...?  Maybe reloading and making gunpowder.  I would favour the inclusion of a black powder rifle drop, bullet molds, flint. Maybe you find it in a museum or as decoration above a fireplace?

New clothing, so as to entirely clothe yourself in skins that are better and lighter as your skills evolve.

Basically you totally devolve into a post-apocalyptic neo-neolithic being.

One thing I would like to see is a craft able blanket for use instead of cloth for snow shelters. Makes the shelter last longer, and can be returned when taking the shelter apart. ~66% condition loss of shelter transfers to blanket. Made of cloth at a workbench. Have a leather version made from deer hide but is heavy, ~44% loss of shelter condition transfers to leather tarp.

so far have seen alot of good things on here, to many to list at time of writing.

Archived