Natural sources of drinking water.

AlexandraRussia

Hello, I had this idea, here is our hero or heroine drowning snow, and purify the water. To drink. But that if there are natural sources in the game that will be in caves where the anomalies did not touch them, and such sources would have medicinal properties, such sources are crystal clear, and to find them one would have to drop the old.

I like the idea of potential cave like streams/small waterfalls that could potentially not be frozen. But i've never heard of water that has medicinal properties, so not sure how that would tie in properly? Like I get crystal clear water, but what do you mean by 'medicinal properties'? Water contains no antibiotics, doesn't function as a painkiller, and boiling water in effect is the exact same as like 'crystal clear' water. I like the idea of natural water sources, although I don't know where they would be located best.

Springs could be an interesting idea. However, considering that water made out of snow should be clean enough for drinking as is, it would only change accessibility to water, not need for purification.

Water system could use a lot of rework, with different water sources or various purity available to player. Like springs could provide sufficient amount of water, but could come with rather significant chance of getting wet and take time to collect. Snow would require melting and it would take a lot of snow to produce sufficient amount of water. Sea water could be used to make salt for preserving meats. River water, while easily accessible, would require additional purification.

13 minutes ago, cekivi said:

Welcome to the forums @OptimusCrime ^_^

Dirty water from ice fishing holes (on lakes) are a frequent request. The only medicinal water I can think of are briny hot springs which work wonders on sore muscles and joints.

Thanks @cekivi:)

Oh that would be unreal, it would save me a lot of painkillers if I could treat say a sprained ankle/wrist in hot springs haha!

33 minutes ago, cekivi said:

The only medicinal water I can think of are briny hot springs which work wonders on sore muscles and joints.

That would also be something neat. We have a lot of natural hot spring spas near in the area where I live in New Zealand. They are wonderful, as you say, for resting weary muscles. And you can sit in them up to your neck, warming up in sub zero temperatures and never get cold. Until you have to get out ...

Archived